HTML5 addon Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Georgia boy

HTML5 addon

Unread post by Georgia boy » 2018-09-05, 17:47

Quick question. With all the shifting around of addons coming and going, is there a simple addon for Palemoon in downloading HTML5 vidoes? Friend of mine was asking about it and both he and I have been searching all over on this. So was wondering if there's something here that we're over looking.

Thanks

yami_

Re: HTML5 addon

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-09-05, 21:10

You do not need an extension for this.

Georgia boy

Unread post by Georgia boy » 2018-09-05, 21:26

For downloading a HTML 5 Video? Why not? What do you use then? I've only been able to download videos from youtube with some sort of an extension. Even the one that is under the video itself only works half time.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-09-05, 21:49

Normal HTML5 videos can be downloaded by right-clicking the video and selecting the appropriate option. YouTube will use MSE if it is available, so you need to use a specialized application to download and mux the audio and video streams. If MSE is not available YouTube will fallback to normal HTML5 video that browser can download.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-09-06, 00:52

Ant Video Downloader 2.4.7.50 Does the job just fine. ;)

Georgia boy

Unread post by Georgia boy » 2018-09-06, 15:07

yami_ wrote:Normal HTML5 videos can be downloaded by right-clicking the video and selecting the appropriate option. YouTube will use MSE if it is available, so you need to use a specialized application to download and mux the audio and video streams. If MSE is not available YouTube will fallback to normal HTML5 video that browser can download.

Thanks. Will pass this on.

Georgia boy

Unread post by Georgia boy » 2018-09-06, 15:09

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Ant Video Downloader 2.4.7.50 Does the job just fine. ;)
Never head of this one before. Is it in our extensions or an AOM one? Will check into and pass on to other individual as well. Thanks.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-09-06, 22:09

Here ya go.

Ant Video Downloader 2.4.7.50
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... s/2.4.7.50

It will download whatever video quality you are watching. So if your watching a
720p YouTube video, then it will download that quality. Just start the video and then
pause it. Where ever you put the icon it will start rolling.
Screenshot - 9_6_2018 , 2_56_53 PM.png
Screenshot - 9_6_2018 , 2_56_53 PM.png (3.88 KiB) Viewed 831 times
Just click on it and then you can close the YouTube tab.
It will show in your downloads folder when done. You do need FFmpeg
somewhere on your computer so that it works right. Just follow this link
https://lame.buanzo.org/
And download the version for your computer. Then unzip it and put it somewhere
you will remember. Then go to Ant Video Downloader preferences.
Screenshot - 9_6_2018 , 3_05_40 PM.png
Screenshot - 9_6_2018 , 3_05_40 PM.png (20.22 KiB) Viewed 831 times
And browse to where you put it and point to the .exe file.
Screenshot - 9_6_2018 , 3_06_04 PM.png
And you should be ready to go. :thumbup: ;)

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2018-09-06, 22:13

.exe file? This is the Linux forum, after all.

Flashgot also seems to work well on Linux: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /flashgot/
Last edited by stevenpusser on 2018-09-06, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Georgia boy

Unread post by Georgia boy » 2018-09-10, 13:10

Thanks for the extra information on the 'Ant'. I'll let know.

No, this is the right area for the question. The individual that I'm trying to help uses Linux as well as I do. I'm using Debian Testing and Stable on the pc and MX-17 on laptop for the moment. He's using Sparky, Zorin and some others I think. If the Ant is for Windows only then he might have an issue unless uses Wine or something then I guess. But if it's for Linux format then he should be able to get things checked out for his system.

Thanks for the information being posted. I advised him to join and also keep an eye open here for updates on more helpful information as it pops in.