Pale Moon will not stay loaded

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moggie46

Pale Moon will not stay loaded

Unread post by moggie46 » 2018-08-21, 05:15

Hi....Ever since the newest update of Pale Moon, it will not stay loaded. Every time I log off, I'm unable to reopen it. Have to go to the control panel, uninstall it and re-install. I have been using Pale Moon only to play Farmville2 the past few months, and it's been working great. (Thank You!) But after the update, the game was SO slow that I thought I would try re-installing the browser. And now it won't stay loaded. I thought it shut down when I had turned the computer off for the night, but today I realized it was happening whenever I logged off!

I used to play the game on Firefox, and then experienced the same problem. After re-installing Firefox 48 times, I gave up and went in search of another browser, and that's how I was introduced to PM. Can anyone help? I even had my computer guru try to figure out what's going on with FF and he's stumped. I had hoped to talk to someone from FF but could never find a contact link. I can't believe I'm facing the same problem now with PM. Hopefully, someone will be able to help me, or I'm going to either have to give up the game or find a different browser. I play on Windows 7 on a desktop computer. PM was working great until the update. This is the error message I get when I try to open it...
pale moon.JPG

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon will not stay loaded

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-21, 07:01

Looks like you have an overzealous antivirus program misidentifying the dll as a threat an "cleaning" it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

4td8s
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by 4td8s » 2018-08-21, 20:24

in that case OP needs to mention what antivirus program or anti-malware program being used and report the "false positive" to the maker of either program

moggie46

Unread post by moggie46 » 2018-08-28, 17:30

I have WebRoot Secure Anywhere ( a paid subscription recommended by my bank) and also run Spybot S & D occasionally.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-08-28, 17:42

So what happens when you turn webroot off and reinstall PM?

Does PM now work properly?

moggie46

Unread post by moggie46 » 2018-08-30, 03:20

Wow! Do I really want to turn my anti-virus off? Is that safe? Will I be able to reconnect to it? I have a 2-year subscription...I don't want to jeopardize that.

Maybe I should just quit playing the darn game. :roll:

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-08-30, 03:33

You should certainly be able to white list, or make an exception (or whatever they call it) for Pale Moon in your AV.