28.0 - No Proxy For exceptions not followed?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Aurelia Odo Iunia

28.0 - No Proxy For exceptions not followed?

Unread post by Aurelia Odo Iunia » 2018-08-21, 21:12

Palemoon 28.0
Tools ... Preferences ... Advanced ... Network ... Settings ... No Proxy For ...

I'm not confident that Palemoon 28.0 is following the proxy exceptions named in the "No Proxy For" box.

I use Privoxy and configure Palemoon "No Proxy For" with 192.168.1.0/24 to exclude machines on the LAN, like my media server. I don't believe Palemoon is following the exceptions, because I see different webpage results with the proxy radio button set to "No Proxy" than "Manual proxy configuration", including connection time-outs.

By comparison, Firefox with the same "No Proxy For" exceptions works as expected.

Aurelia Odo Iunia

Re: 28.0 - No Proxy For exceptions not followed?

Unread post by Aurelia Odo Iunia » 2018-09-04, 14:24

Problem persists in 28.0.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-09-04, 14:33

So you aren't sure an extension isn't doing what it says it does.. And this is our problem how?

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2018-09-04, 15:42

I use privoxy too, this is full fledged application by the way. I put on my 28.0.1 exclude proxy LAN address and can say that it is all right with that. For testing i used regular wordpress site built on iis.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-09-04, 16:03

We can't be responsible for extensions or other application interoperability. Normal proxys work because I occasionally tunnel through my VPS so beyond that you will have to take it up with the developer of your proxy software.