Impossible to click to fill Google reCAPTCHA

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Gnaxx

Impossible to click to fill Google reCAPTCHA

Unread post by Gnaxx » 2018-08-02, 20:31

Hi everyone !
Since several hours, when I'm asked to click on the white box to show the images to prove that I'm not a robot (and I'm not one, I swear), nothing happens (at all), and after some time I get a message saying that I should use a compatible browser, or that it may be due to my internet connection.
I already tried to restart without any addon, same issue. Same on another comp' that I didn't touched the whole day. I tried portable versions, same issue.
Am I alone ? Can something be done ?
I can't access to some of my usual sites anymore :/
I'm using PaleMoon Version: 27.9.4 (32-bit)

(On a side note, since some times, Captchas are really annoying, and I'm noticing that I'm not alone who encounter issues :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19044
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19664
Not complaining against Moonchild at all of course :) More against Google and that it's sometimes becoming a real chore to connect to my usual websites :/)

Thanks in advance for any help !
Last edited by Gnaxx on 2018-08-02, 20:35, edited 2 times in total.

kuro68k

Re: Impossible to click to fill Google reCAPTCHA

Unread post by kuro68k » 2018-08-02, 21:03

I have the same problem, Windows 8 x64. If I wait long enough there is an error about try upgrading your browser.

Gnaxx

Unread post by Gnaxx » 2018-08-02, 21:15

... and it's working again Oo
I don't know why. I restarted my internet box to have a new IP, I closed totally PM, I emptied the cache. I don't know if it's one of this things who helped or if the issue was solved itself. Because I tried again on my second comp' on which I didn't touch anything : it's working back again too.

So, sorry for the useless thread I guess ^^" But thanks for people who took the time to read my issue ;)

PalleP
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by PalleP » 2018-08-02, 21:38

I had exactly the same approx. 5 hours ago. Tried with Firefox 52 portable and there was no problem, I didn't even have to play any silly childgame.
I have not had to deal with any captcha bull* since, so I don't know if it has disappeared. I have not experienced this behaviour before.

Gnaxx

Unread post by Gnaxx » 2018-08-02, 23:17

I forgot to say that when there was the issue, I tried with Firefox 61.0.1 (64 bits) with which there wasn't any problem.
I just tried again, and everything is working "well" as usual (= usual annoying captcha to accomplish, but at least I can prove I'm not a robot :P)
First time I had this issue too !
Last edited by Gnaxx on 2018-08-02, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

PMRick
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by PMRick » 2018-12-30, 22:23

reCAPTCHA does not work for me either with PM. When I click the "I am not a robot" button, nothing happens, which requires copy/paste the URL to FF or an MS browser (IE or Edge).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-12-30, 23:07

I can only suggest you do the following about reCAPTCHA giving you grief or not working, because ultimately it's reCAPTCHA being broken or strongly biased towards Chrome use. Perfect example of coveted pushing of their own browser by having websites en-masse adopt a "free" service controlled by them that makes use of other browsers frustrating.
  1. Complain to Google about the CAPTCHA not working or being too time-consuming/annoying.
  2. Complain to the website owners and ask them to use a different CAPTCHA provider or anti-bot measure. Explain how frustrating reCAPTCHA is for you as a visitor, and (kindly!) ask them to improve your experience on their website.
P.S.: I'm experiencing very little issues with reCAPTCHA, but that has likely everything to do with me using a google account and remaining logged in to that account; this allows reCAPCTHA to see I am an actual user.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-12-30, 23:47

PMRick wrote:When I click the "I am not a robot" button, nothing happens

What version of Pale Moon did you use?

And on what page did this happen?
Give a link so others can try.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2018-12-31, 05:56

I've had this problem a few times recently, but only on EVGA's website after it recently started using the process. Never paid any attention to which browser I was using. Just tried it in Pale Moon (v27, so . . .), Waterfox, and Cyberfox. Didn't work in Pale Moon; the box just stayed white. It did work in the other 2 browsers. It's on the login page, but I didn't even have to type in valid credentials, or any credentials at all, to get the thing to work.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-12-31, 06:49

van p wrote:only on EVGA's website . . . Pale Moon (v27, so . . .)
this page? https://secure.evga.com/US/login.asp

I don't have an account so can't try signing in.

But since you use PM 27.*, see if the advice posted here by roytam1 is helpful. (The issue it aimed to address started here.)

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2018-12-31, 15:03

coffeebreak, that is indeed the page, but you need to re-read the last sentence of my previous post. I neglected to mention that eventually reCAPTCHA will work; I just have to go away and come back later. That being the case, it's not a real big deal, and I have no need to mess with about:config. Thanks.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-12-31, 16:32

van p wrote: I neglected to mention that eventually reCAPTCHA will work; I just have to go away and come back later. That being the case, it's not a real big deal

Yes, you did neglect to mention that. :P

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-01-02, 00:50

https://secure.evga.com/US/login.asp
Since several hours, when I'm asked to click on the white box to show the images to prove that I'm not a robot (and I'm not one, I swear), nothing happens (at all)
It wasn't clear (to me) what "nothing happens (at all)" meant.

So... clicking the "I'm not a robot" box to start the recaptcha processes, kind of "bounces", it seems, but then "nothing".
You're not presented with the puzzle to file out.

Clicking & having "nothing" happen a number of times, then gave me:

Code: Select all

Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service.

Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge.

mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create recaptcha__en.js:4:93
Content Security Policy: Couldn't parse invalid host 'strict-dynamic' <unknown>
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create recaptcha__en.js:4:93
: mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create recaptcha__en.js:4:0
ReferenceError: MessageChannel is not defined recaptcha__en.js:326:290
: mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create recaptcha__en.js:4:0
ReferenceError: MessageChannel is not defined

PM 27.9.4 x64, new Profile, load evga.com & try.

So, something seems to be up with PM 27.
(No such issues on PM 28.)

The message recaptcha presented actually probably comes up on its own - after time.

ReferenceError: MessageChannel is not defined recaptcha__en.js:326:290
GET 
https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/fallback [HTTP/2.0 200 OK 31ms]

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2019-01-02, 01:10

therube, not sure who you expect to answer here. I raised EVGA, and I and the OP are on v27 (I, 64 bit). Also, the OP's problem apparently has gone away. I'll move to v28 at some point. I'm not overly concerned about the issue. If v28 fixes it, fine.