amazon prime video

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
therock247uk

amazon prime video

Unread post by therock247uk » 2018-07-10, 00:46

Hi any way to get this working in Pale Moon? the site says unsupported browser and refuses to play anything.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: amazon prime video

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-07-10, 12:15

Since your in the UK, what address are you using to get Amazon Prime video?

I have no problems in the US with a useragent overide in about:config.

general.useragent.override.amazon.com
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.8.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Terryphi

Unread post by Terryphi » 2018-07-10, 15:16

Simple answer: use Basilisk instead of Pale Moon.

TwiceLive

Unread post by TwiceLive » 2018-07-11, 00:08

I'm also having problems from Sweden.

My Grandson set up Pale Moon for me but he's on a gap year and cant help currently. He suggested I ask here.
What is wrong? It says browser not supported. It worked before.

Why is the person above suggesting something called Basilsk? Is a a scam attempt?

therock247uk

Unread post by therock247uk » 2018-07-11, 01:17

Address is https://www.amazon.co.uk how do I add this in? thanks!
billmcct wrote:Since your in the UK, what address are you using to get Amazon Prime video?

I have no problems in the US with a useragent overide in about:config.

general.useragent.override.amazon.com
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.8.1

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-07-11, 01:53

TwiceLive wrote:Why is the person above suggesting something called Basilsk? Is a a scam attempt?
Basilisk is a browser from the Pale Moon team. It is a fork of Firefox 52ESR.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-07-11, 02:08

therock247uk wrote:Hi any way to get this working in Pale Moon? the site says unsupported browser and refuses to play anything.
All my tests say: "no".

I assume it is a DRM issue - PM does not support DRM.

It is nothing to do with user agent - it doesn't matter if I present to Amazon as Pale Moon, or as Firefox 60, I still get an "unsupported browser" error.

And I can't get Basilisk to work either. Enable DRM, present as Basilisk, get told to upgrade Firefox. Present as Firefox 60, get told "video unavailable" and "we're having problems playing this video".

Workround? Portable install of recent Firefox.

amazon.co.uk; prime member.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-07-11, 10:52

Ok guys, I'm using Microsoft Silverlight plugin To play Prime videos.
This is a standard part of Win 7. I don't know about Win 8.1 or 10. If not it can be downloaded from microsoft. If you have MS Silverlight
installed on your system it will show up in "Plugins" in "about:addons". If it is installed make sure it is enabled.

In "about:config" set a new string entry for;

NAME general.useragent.override.amazon.co.uk
VALUE Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.8.1

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda