Pale Moon in Linux having problems with script on weather.com Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Phoenix555

Pale Moon in Linux having problems with script on weather.com

Unread post by Phoenix555 » 2018-07-08, 12:32

Both version Palemoon 27.9.3 and version Palemoon 28 beta have issues with weather.com. The site freezes upon initial load and then throws up a busy script error message. This happens every single time I load the site. My system is running Manjaro Linux 64 bit 17.1.11 Kernel 4.14.53-1 with 6 gigs of Memory and a dual core AMD Athlon II dual core processor. This is the only site I have a problem with.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon in Linux having problems with script on weather.com

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-08, 12:49

Confirmed some script is being really heavy on that website - long delays and almost-hangs on Windows as well.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-07-08, 22:40

Blocking scripts from polyfill.io might help.
See here.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-09, 05:08

It's a serious issue - I've sent them a message about it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Phoenix555

Unread post by Phoenix555 » 2018-07-12, 13:33

Thanks for your help, I blocked the polyfill page in the hosts file. It seems like it helped alleviate the hang up for now.