Transfering Site Passwords to new Palemoon.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Caluser2000

Transfering Site Passwords to new Palemoon.

Unread post by Caluser2000 » 2018-06-30, 05:43

I've just installed Palemoon via apt and want to transfer my site passwords from my old Palemoon installation extracted to my hhd(ie not installed via apt). Is there a way I can transfer my old passwards over to the new installation? Thanks in advance.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Transfering Site Passwords to new Palemoon.

Unread post by therube » 2018-06-30, 10:27

With PM closed, I believe all you need to do is to copy key3.db & signons.sqlite (from your Profile Folder) from old to new.

Backup first & test.

Caluser2000

Unread post by Caluser2000 » 2018-06-30, 18:55

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a user profile set up on Pale Moon and those files don't appear on the default installation. I've taken a screenshot of the sites/passwords/username and will use those to transfer the data over.

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-06-30, 22:17

Caluser2000 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I don't have a user profile set up on Pale Moon and those files don't appear on the default installation. I've taken a screenshot of the sites/passwords/username and will use those to transfer the data over.
You cannot 'set up' 'a user profile' for Pale Moon. therube was referring to the profile folder that Pale Moon creates where your preferences, history, add-ons, site passwords, etc. are stored. I'm not sure exactly where it is on Linux, perhaps someone else can point you to it.

A new Pale Moon installation should still use the same profile... If not, copying the files will be less work than manually copying everything from a screenshot! Unless you've already finished.