Website keep showing mobile phone version Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Efreen

Website keep showing mobile phone version

Unread post by Efreen » 2018-06-20, 14:31

Hello.

In the last months the website https://www.humblebundle.com/ show me a mobile version. I have changed settings to Palemoon Agent "look like" Mozilla and check compatibility mode (i follow this post post). But this well know site keep showing mobile version.

Any advice?

System information:
Operating system: Windows 7 64bits
Browser version: 27.9.3(64bit)
Problem URL: https://www.humblebundle.com
Theme: Default
Installed extensions:

Code: Select all

Greasemonkey for Palemoon 3.31.1
Ublock Origin 1.13.8
Installed plugins:

Microsoft Office 2013

File: NPSPWRAP.DLL
    Path: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office15\NPSPWRAP.DLL
    Version: 15.0.4514.1000
    State: Disabled
    The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint

Microsoft Office 2010

File: NPAUTHZ.DLL
    Path: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\NPAUTHZ.DLL
    Version: 14.0.4730.1010
    Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers

Silverlight Plug-In

File: npctrl.dll
    Path: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.50906.0\npctrl.dll
    Version: 5.1.50906.0
    State: Enabled

Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U131

File: npjp2.dll
    Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll
    Version: 11.131.2.11
    Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.131.2 for Mozilla browsers

Java Deployment Toolkit 8.0.1310.11

File: npdeployJava1.dll
    Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin\dtplugin\npdeployJava1.dll
    Version: 11.131.2.11
    State: Enabled (STATE_VULNERABLE_NO_UPDATE)
    NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy

PDF-XChange Viewer

File: npPDFXCviewNPPlugin.dll
    Path: C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\npPDFXCviewNPPlugin.dll
    Version: 2.5.210.0
    PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin

Adobe Flash

File: NPSWF64_29_0_0_113.dll
    Path: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF64_29_0_0_113.dll
    Version: 29.0.0.113
    Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0
Last edited by Efreen on 2018-06-21, 00:05, edited 3 times in total.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Website keept showing mobile phone version

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-06-20, 14:57

Efreen wrote:Hello.

In the last months the website https://www.humblebundle.com/ show me a mobile version. I have changed settings to Palemoon Agent "look like" Mozilla.
Telling us you changed your user agent to "look like" Mozilla Firefox doesn't tell us what your user agent "actually is" for humblebundle. With that said, what is the user agent you're using for HumbleBundle?

As an example, I like the Dark Theme in YouTube. Since I use linux and windows Pale Moon, I had to change my user agent for YouTube for both linux and windows Pale Moon to use the Dark Theme and for linux Pale Moon it is:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 (Pale Moon)
And for windows (7) Pale Moon it is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 (Pale Moon)
To ask again, what is the user agent in windows Pale Moon you're using for HumbleBundle?
Last edited by Night Wing on 2018-06-20, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Efreen

Re: Website keep showing mobile phone version

Unread post by Efreen » 2018-06-21, 00:10

Before i was using: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (Pale Moon).

Now i've changed to that agent that you post it: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 (Pale Moon), but keeps showing me the mobile version.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-06-21, 00:37

Then you'll just have to get in touch with HumbleBundle and tell them Pale Moon is not a mobile browser, but a desktop browser. And then cross your fingers to see if HB will listen to you and correct the mistake which they created on their end.

Don't be surprised if their answer to you will be, "We don't support Pale Moon". If you do get that answer, then you'll have to use another browser for the HB site (Chrome, Firefox, etc).
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

EbonJaeger
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by EbonJaeger » 2018-06-21, 02:34

It works as expected for me. What are your screen zoom settings and browser window width? It sounds like you're hitting a size threshold so the website thinks you're a mobile browser. (I verified that HumbleBundle does this by playing around with my browser window size).

Efreen

Unread post by Efreen » 2018-06-21, 07:50

Night Wing wrote:Then you'll just have to get in touch with HumbleBundle and tell them Pale Moon is not a mobile browser, but a desktop browser. And then cross your fingers to see if HB will listen to you and correct the mistake which they created on their end.

Don't be surprised if their answer to you will be, "We don't support Pale Moon". If you do get that answer, then you'll have to use another browser for the HB site (Chrome, Firefox, etc).
I did it some time ago, but I didn't get any response.
EbonJaeger wrote:It works as expected for me. What are your screen zoom settings and browser window width? It sounds like you're hitting a size threshold so the website thinks you're a mobile browser. (I verified that HumbleBundle does this by playing around with my browser window size).
Do you see right with Palemoon? :?:

I always have the browser window maximized (run in a laptop with 1366x768 screen), and see mobile version. I try disable any extension and pulgins, but keep showing me this mobile version.

EbonJaeger
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by EbonJaeger » 2018-06-21, 15:44

Yes, with Pale Moon.

What is your Windows screen zoom set to? I forget where that lives in Windows 7....presumably with the rest of the Display options.

Efreen

Unread post by Efreen » 2018-06-21, 21:03

Windows 7 in Control panel -> Appearance and personalization -> Display there's an option for text and another screen elements but its to 100% (default).

In Palemoon zoom option is set default, reset.

I've tried in a Xubuntu 18.04. Have installed palemoon and have got the same result, even changing the user agent.

Maybe with new Windows works or something.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-06-21, 21:51

Efreen

Unread post by Efreen » 2018-06-22, 17:19

Well, time to wait until UXP will be implemented in a new stable version of PaleMoon.

Thanks everyone for the help.

franstam
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by franstam » 2018-06-23, 02:40

Hi,
I tried visiting the humblebundle site, but i dont know how to tell if i'm on the mobile version or not.

how do you tell that? otherwise it looks fine to me, on windows 7x64 pm 27.9.3 x64

Efreen

Unread post by Efreen » 2018-06-24, 19:38

Well, almost no website tells you if they are using the mobile or desktop version. You deduce if see too big buttons, text, ... that looks too pretty big for a desktop, but in a mobile phone might look good. Although some sites put at down of the page some option to see desktop version, so you can deduce that you're seeing mobile version.

In the case of humble bundle, if you browse from Palemoon see this:
As you can see, it's a little awkward to use on desktop.

While in Mozilla you see:
better for use in desktop.
Last edited by Efreen on 2018-06-24, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-06-24, 20:48

This is the effect of Pale Moon's lack of "CSS Grid Layout Module Level 1" support. Humble Bundle's mobile webpage is different.