Lots of CAPTCHAs from Amazon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Axatax

Lots of CAPTCHAs from Amazon

Unread post by Axatax » 2018-06-06, 16:16

I have to solve a CAPTCHA every time I log into amazon.com. This probably started about three months or so ago. This even happens with a fresh profile so maybe it's related to the user agent string?. This is the only site that seems to do this. I have dyslexia and basically can't make any sense of these, lol.

ED: I also have 2FA enabled via SMS and they still present the CAPTCHAs.
Last edited by Axatax on 2018-06-06, 16:18, edited 2 times in total.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Lots of CAPTCHAs from Amazon

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-06-06, 16:52

They probably changed something on their end. Captcha problems are almost never a technical issue with the browser, but is an issue with how sites determine whether a user needs to be challenged or not. One of the big flags they like to use is whether you are using one of the big mainstream browsers. Unfortunately, there isn't much Pale Moon can do about that.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Tomtiger
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Tomtiger » 2018-06-10, 01:19

Hi,

had that some time ago, it happened when I logged in at times and IP adresses, I usually did not use Amazon before.

This is a widely reported problem of amazon. There seem to be some special Login pages (/ap/adam). You might wish to try to make mistakes with the captchas. Amazon has a patent to differ between humans and robots by errors, humans make.

Tom

Axatax

Unread post by Axatax » 2018-08-20, 02:19

I wonder if anyone else has this problem...

I have a different ISP entirely from when I posted this. It's only Palemoon that gives me all these CAPTCHAs - and I mean it's like crazy CAPTCHA city.

Firefox or Chrome, no CAPTCHAs at all.

Axatax

Unread post by Axatax » 2018-08-20, 02:21

This is a widely reported problem of amazon. There seem to be some special Login pages (/ap/adam). You might wish to try to make mistakes with the captchas. Amazon has a patent to differ between humans and robots by errors, humans make.
Yes... If you repeatedly fail the CAPTCHAs (which I do, because I have dyslexia), you get a more simplified CAPTCHA, but I'd like to not have to do this at all.
Last edited by Axatax on 2018-08-20, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

Uppity
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Uppity » 2018-08-20, 08:18

Try closing the tab after a fail, or maybe 2 fails.
Then go back. See what happens...
Dell Inspiron 15-7567 Gaming Laptop i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD. Win 10 in a severely reduced partition. Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
Dell Inspiron 15Z, i3, 6 GB RAM. Win 8 is gone. Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon