PM vs Maxthon

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
faithbuilders
Fanatic
Fanatic

PM vs Maxthon

Unread post by faithbuilders » 2018-05-25, 15:12

Don't get me wrong, I love PM; I think it's the best browser on the web. Thank you for your hard work, (and putting up with a$$ that are never happy: i read other posts). That being said, the one thing I miss most about Maxthon browser was the simple and easy password protected accounts for multiple users. My whole family could have multiple accounts with passwords, and there own speed dial, bookmarks, settings.... Really was nice :thumbup:

Do you think that might be worth looking into. Thank you.

fillerup

Re: PM vs Maxthon

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-05-25, 15:16

you can create different profiles for each user in Pale Moon by running "palemoon -p" in Run, and set a master password for each profile in the settings or by using this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -password/

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: PM vs Maxthon

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-05-25, 21:17

I would also recommend this extension—It adds an item to the Tools menu for switching profiles, without having to use the command line to get the profile manager.