Password Backup Tool 1.1.0

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Password Backup Tool 1.1.0

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-05-17, 15:02

I am trying to install passwords in Ubuntu 16.04 with Password Backup Tool 1.1.0 and keep getting this Error.

Error: Couldn't get rows from the Chrome passwords database.

How do I correct this?

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Password Backup Tool 1.1.0

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-05-17, 16:20

I have a folder where I keep my Bookmarks & Passwords when I update them. I went to one of my other computers & used the PM Password Backup Tool to make a new copy of passwords & transfered it to a usb drive. After installing it in my folder on the 16.04 & running PBT again all passwords installed without any problems. This only makes about the third time I have done this. Only this time it worked. :D

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-05-17, 16:28

Perhaps you pointed to folder instead of backup file, because in this case PBT will try to find Chrome password database in it and import from there.

tman801
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tman801 » 2018-05-17, 19:45

JustOff wrote:Perhaps you pointed to folder instead of backup file, because in this case PBT will try to find Chrome password database in it and import from there.
Thanks for the reply JustOff. In my folder I have a Bookmark file and a Password file. Twice I opened the folder and clicked on the Password file and kept getting that error. The third time I again made a new file and transfered it via usb and it worked. I then spent about an hr going thru each one and removing ones I no longer use which came to about 20. I then exported all Passwords in 16.04 to folder and then removed all passwords and imported the new ones. Everything installed fine. What ever the glitch was seems to be fixed.

Thank You JustOff for making this extension.