Pale Moon Icon Consistency?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
fatboy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Pale Moon Icon Consistency?

Unread post by fatboy » 2018-05-07, 12:28

Good Day Community,

My "issue" is going to sound like I'm bitching about things that aren't important, and may even be considered unneccessary, but it has been bugging my OCD and thougffht I'd share.
The issue about Pale Moon and it's icon when a "custom" icon set is used on Linux. I have noticed this with Arch and Ubuntu distros, in particular: Manjaro KDE, ArchLabs, Xubuntu 16.04, Lubuntu 16.04.

My icon set is set to Papirus icon theme, now every time I use Alt+Tab the icon that is being displayed is the stock Pale Moon icon and not the icon representing Pale Moon by the selected icon theme. The same is true for Pale Moon on the taskbar of XFCE. I guess it hass to do with the Window Manager not fetching the correct icon within the icon theme? I have tried this with more than one icon theme, and the issue persists.

The reason I find this behaviour off is, because the Papirus icon set has an icon for Pale Moon, which is displayed correctly in the Whisker menu entry as well as on Plank.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Pale Moon on Plank
palemoon_icon.png
palemoon_icon.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 406 times
Pale Moon in OpenBox Task Switcher
palemoon_window_switcher.png
Systemd Free - MX Linux, Antix Linux & Artix Linux

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon Icon Consistency?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-07, 14:33

The issue is that people making icon themes on Linux continue to use completely different icons for Pale Moon than the official logo.
You should report this to the theme makers with the request to remove the custom icon for Pale Moon from their pack, so it will pick up Pale Moon's actual icon
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite