Request: Check boxes to close tabs Topic is solved

Board for discussions around the Basilisk web browser.

Moderator: Basilisk-Dev

TerraformerX

Request: Check boxes to close tabs

Unread post by TerraformerX » 2018-04-13, 18:23

For a long time, I've been desiring some way to have more control over which tabs are closed during one button click.

1. Could you please provide an option in the pop-up menu (when you right-click on a tab) to close all tabs to the right?
2. Also, could you please provide an option in the right-click pop-up menu when you click on a tab, an option that provides checkboxes on the tabs for the ones you want to close, and then a "Do it" button so that you can close various tabs without having to drag them to the left or right before closing all tabs to a particular direction? To me, this would greatly increase my user experience and productivity.

Other than that, I love Basilisk and Pale Moon, and I refuse to use browsers from anyone else.

Thank you

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Request: Check boxes to close tabs

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-04-13, 20:20

TerraformerX wrote:1. Could you please provide an option in the pop-up menu (when you right-click on a tab) to close all tabs to the right?

Concerning point one, this exact feature already exists.
bsk-closeTabsToR.png
Last edited by coffeebreak on 2018-04-13, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-13, 20:25

There is no effective advantage to the "checkbox" method - you still need to check each and every tab you want to close -- may as well just close it while you're there.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-04-13, 20:46

I'd say the checkbox thing is a perfect candidate for an extension.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-04-14, 13:02

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:I'd say the checkbox thing is a perfect candidate for an extension.
Yup. absolutely.
It's very specific to a particular workflow.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Smokey20

Unread post by Smokey20 » 2018-04-15, 01:17

Problems like this are why I made Basilisk my default browser and don't use Pale Moon any longer as it cannot, in ver 27, use my most needed extensions.

You just need ALL of Piro's tab related extensions which I have used since Mozilla Suite back in 2002 when he first introduced Tabbed Browsing Extensions into that browser and later to Fx 1.0.

You need Multiple Tab Handler for handling closing, etc of multiple tabs. It's available on AMO or at Piro's website http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_multipletab.html.en.
Attachments
Saturday, April 14, 2018 14;57;55001.png
Saturday, April 14, 2018 15;01;00001.png

TerraformerX

Unread post by TerraformerX » 2018-04-17, 19:45

coffeebreak wrote:
TerraformerX wrote:1. Could you please provide an option in the pop-up menu (when you right-click on a tab) to close all tabs to the right?

Concerning point one, this exact feature already exists.
bsk-closeTabsToR.png
My bad, I meant to the left.
Moonchild wrote:There is no effective advantage to the "checkbox" method - you still need to check each and every tab you want to close -- may as well just close it while you're there.
That's a good point.
Last edited by TerraformerX on 2018-04-17, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.