Kernel Panic on this page

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
jackoverfull

Kernel Panic on this page

Unread post by jackoverfull » 2018-04-01, 11:39

Well, just joined after a couple of months with no issue and I discover a problem! Such is life…

Anyway, I get a Kernel Panic when I visit the following page using sugis's build:

https://www.ibs.it/carta-del-docente?ut ... %20Docente

The panic also happens using Firefox 48.0.2, it doesn't happen using Chromium.

I'm using the latest update of Snow Leopard.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Kernel Panic on this page

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2018-04-01, 14:01

A kernel panic, is likely failing hardware, or having poorly contacting RAM or card pins, for that, you need to reseat the RAM and the cards on the motherboard.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49

In some cases, it's just a buggy video driver, try with hardware acceleration disabled, temporarily. (CPU-mode)

jackoverfull

Unread post by jackoverfull » 2018-04-01, 15:41

I beg to disagree: Gecko has had a number of bugs over the years that caused KPs under certain conditions (involving acceleration, as you just noted, or other things, such as Flash). Tried disabling acceleration, no change, disabled Flash, still no change BUT now the page doesn't causes a panic in firefox anymore (it does on Pale Moon).

This is the relevant bit in my panic log, I've found a number of others having similar issues on similar configurations but no solution so far:

Code: Select all

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2abf6a): Kernel trap at 0x00982ad9, type 14=page fault, registers:

jackoverfull

Unread post by jackoverfull » 2018-04-01, 16:06

Just tried on the other Mac with Snow Leopard I have access to, no issue there.

This mac is a MacBook Pro 2,2.

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2018-04-02, 19:34

I'm able to visit that site with no problems. It might be specific to your machine, which would at least suggest it might be a hardware or driver problem.
Last edited by sugis on 2018-04-02, 19:35, edited 2 times in total.

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2018-04-02, 19:37

jackoverfull wrote:
This is the relevant bit in my panic log, I've found a number of others having similar issues on similar configurations but no solution so far:

Code: Select all

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2abf6a): Kernel trap at 0x00982ad9, type 14=page fault, registers:
Shut down the Mac, reseat the RAM and try again.