Can I configure/script PM to hide a particular element on a particular USL? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kjpetrie

Can I configure/script PM to hide a particular element on a particular USL?

Unread post by kjpetrie » 2018-03-12, 14:20

There's a page I access every day which has a large header I don't need to see which takes up a large area in the window. At the moment I use Inspect Element and then Delete Node to remove it. I would like to automate that without installing any add-on or extension if possible.

I think it ought to be possible to do that by adding a CSS or JavaScript file in the right place in my profile, or even by setting something in about:config, but I can't work out where to put it.

Any ideas?

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Can I configure/script PM to hide a particular element on a particular USL?

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-03-12, 15:56

Some ad blocking add-ons allow you to select an element and add it to a blocklist.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2018-03-12, 17:38

kjpetrie wrote:Any ideas?
userContent.css

kjpetrie

Re: Can I configure/script PM to hide a particular element on a particular URL?

Unread post by kjpetrie » 2018-03-14, 12:28

Where would I put userContent.css?

kjpetrie

Unread post by kjpetrie » 2018-03-15, 11:48

Thank you for the links. The problem is, PaleMoon does not have a chrome or Chrome folder, at least not one I can find in my profile. That's why I came here and set up an account to ask.

Update: Oh, I see! I have to create a chrome folder! Most of the instructions I'd read seemed to assume it already existed, so when I couldn't find it I assumed the instructions were FF-specific and didn't apply to PM.
Last edited by kjpetrie on 2018-03-15, 12:18, edited 3 times in total.