Problems installing 27.8.0 or 1 update

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Paleface

Problems installing 27.8.0 or 1 update

Unread post by Paleface » 2018-03-08, 16:04

I am using version 27.7.2 on Linux Mint 18.3. I haven't been able to open 27.8.0 or 27.8.1. Previously I had no problems manually updating and creating a Palemoon short cut on the desktop from the newly downloaded Palemoon icon and manually deleting the previous installed version. Now, I get the same error message in both versions. I may add that Palemoon ought to include an embedded auto update so that I don't have to manually delete the previous installed version and create a new desktop short cut that matches the updated version. Anyway, I am able to download, but the updated Palemoon icon won't open the browser. Instead, I get two error messages: "An Error Occurred While Extracting Files. Could not create the hard link file:///home/pc-owner/Download/usr/include/Palemoon-27.8.1/AudioContext.h" and when I try to reinstall and replace all the previously downloaded and extracted files, I get ""Replace 'doinst.sh'? Another file with the same name already exists in 'home/pc-owner/Downloads/install" and it won't update.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Problems installing 27.8.0 or 1 update

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-03-09, 00:56

Why are you deleting the icon? I manually update also and I never delete the shortcut icon.