ghacks.net PM 27.8.0

General discussion and chat (archived)

mr tribute
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: ghacks.net PM 27.8.0

Unread post by mr tribute » 2018-03-06, 17:49

There are a couple of good comments too. For the Pale Moon "haters" (what a lousy word), Firefox exists and provides them with much beloved e10s, Rust and WebExtensions. Maybe I'm a Firefox "hater", but I don't make much noise about Firefox anymore. Mozilla chose their path - I may not like that path, but I'm glad Mozilla didn't lose all their users (Chrome is big enough).

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-06, 18:20

Mozilla's dedicated troll follower crowd, the one they wanted to have in the first place. All who hate customization and options in general and who are unable to articulate themselves in a reasonable way, the one's who get hot-headed and in anti-nerd-rage as soon as someone mentions user choice and customization! Take a look into Reddit's Mozilla section for example and try to be an advocate for features - What happens is you get massively down-voted :lol: Let's be happy that we have not such screwed individuals here around :)

Pretty poor personalities as it seems 8-)

I wonder if some of those guys are related to one of the multiple troll underground boards out there, at least from their output they would fit perfectly into such a domain!
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-06, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-03-06, 20:11

Never ceases to amaze me how many comments are generated by palemoon posts over there.usually derogatory and baseless.But if they dont want to use palemoon then thats up to them but going on there just to troll is pointless.
If they want e10s and rust then they should firefox.they obviously have no idea what palemoon is about.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-06, 20:21

Moonraker wrote:Never ceases to amaze me how many comments are generated by palemoon posts over there.usually derogatory and baseless.But if they dont want to use palemoon then thats up to them but going on there just to troll is pointless.
If they want e10s and rust then they should firefox.they obviously have no idea what palemoon is about.
Those guys just can not accept that there are people around who want to use something different. Today it is: Be mainstream or be no-one and get lost.

Rather dictatorship way of opinion we have today. And not at all limited to being browser related. And in Mozilla's case - many of the new aquired target user groups personalities are a perfect showcase of that very same mentality.

If someone insists of staying with native features or features at all, the one is the one who hinders progress, hinders advancement, hinders security... all that spout out garbage, while in reality it is more likely that all that new shiny gadgets offer a higher security risk, offer less progress and advancement in a direct comparison to pasts creations!

The thing is:

XUL - Mozilla's own utterly respected creation EMPOWERS USERS

Google's add-on technology and minimalism and simplicity RESTRICTS USERS

And the ironic thing is we are living in a time where the general opinion is the one that restriction=empowering :D
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-06, 20:26, edited 3 times in total.

TwoTankAmin
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by TwoTankAmin » 2018-03-07, 00:03

Start of rant.

Why would we who are Pale Moon users give a rats butt about what Mozilla does with Firefox. Had I liked what they did after ver. 28, I would never have download P M. (The same applies to Windows 10.)

When one finds that the direction in which a long used piece of software has gone is not acceptable, one finds something that is acceptable and there is no need to look back. Over the years on various forums/sites where I felt the administration made changes or had moderators which I felt were unacceptable, I voted with my feet. I used to post on the Mozilla site for Firefox when I used it. My last post was to thank Mozilla for my years with a great browser and I was sorry but I could not use it any longer with the introduction of the Australis UI. I think I even wished them luck.

That is more than I did on most sites where i just stopped posting when I walked away without saying a word.

The point is, I do not care what Mozilla is doing, it doesn't have any effect on me. Nor I do not care what anybody cares to state about Pale Moon. I am smart enough to make my own decisions and I do not usually truck with fools. My privacy, my ad blocking, my tracker, beacon and widget blocking are all the most important abilities for any browser to have. As far as I can tell the only browser which I can trust in this respect is Pale Moon. And please do not even try to suggest that the minimalistic ad blockers the majors offer are worth anything.

The people bashing P M are mostly idiots. There is a saying about getting into public arguments online that goes something like this; "Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able tell the difference." So why bother arguing with the Mozillaphiles?

End of rant- sorry.
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-03-07, 01:05

Sajadi wrote:And the ironic thing is we are living in a time where the general opinion is the one that restriction=empowering :D
Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength.

Also, according to one of the commenters, we are all "autistic". I guess that's the latest hip slur to use to describe people you disagree with and do not understand.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-03-07, 01:39

I would not be surprised to learn that most of those posts were written by the same imp.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-03-07, 04:13

You know, I read every comment and though some were garbage,
some were just good back and forth gab even if some of the info may have been incorrect.

The fact is, I use PM because I like it. Simple as that. I like what Moonchild stands for and the decisions he has made.

I'm not a programer and I don't have a clue about what challenges will confront the PM team at that time.
I hope that things will continue and that they will be up to the task at hand. Time will tell.

Until then, I'm enjoying the ride.
Chillinout.gif

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-03-07, 05:04

Isengrim wrote:Also, according to one of the commenters, we are all "autistic". I guess that's the latest hip slur to use to describe people you disagree with and do not understand.
They don't even know what "autistic" means. :silent:
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-03-07, 13:52

I recently read Einstein was an autist, so it could mean we're all geniuses here :)

About the bad comments on ghacks, I think it's not so bad, even if some are really stupid and hateful. Call me idealistic, but a majority of readers with a good working brain (and not "muh quandums muh speed" in their heads) will notice which comments are just throwing shit into thin air. Remember the recent poor HTG article comments...

It's obvious that Firefox lost most of their users to Chrome, because of Mozilla's own ideas and decisions. Talking Pale Moon/Basilisk to death is stupid and a few PM users who might return to Firefox some day will not help against their own damages of quality and loss of users. I personally would rather use Midori, Otter or K-Meleon in that worst case.
I'm not up to date with those enshrined statistics and numbers, but did Quantum really change anything in Firefox usage? I've seen nothing about that in the headlines.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-03-07, 14:30

flame wars? Go figure. If wanting a browser that I can configure to work the way I need and want, makes me autistic, then so be it.
Still since they're predicting the death of PM in two years and since they seem to think that MC and team are incapable of keeping up I only have to say: F-off losers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2018-03-07, 16:53

billmcct wrote:flame wars? Go figure. If wanting a browser that I can configure to work the way I need and want, makes me autistic, then so be it.
Still since they're predicting the death of PM in two years and since they seem to think that MC and team are incapable of keeping up I only have to say: F-off losers.
I think they're wrong on many of their charges, but I do worry what will happen in a year or two if there is yet another set of new features that are too difficult for the team to implement. A new rebase may be impossible without significant compromise on what the Pale Moon community finds acceptable such as the loss of a customizable UI or even XUL extension support. Had the Seamonkey team been willing to collaborate on UXP, I think we'd be in good shape. Without some significant influx of talented developers, we may be in trouble in the long run.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-07, 17:18

People should use whatever works best for them, and let others use whatever works best for them. Simple as that. There's no need for all this argumentation, bickering or trolling. No need to compare dick size either, because some like small dicks and some like big ones.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-03-07, 18:10

Moonchild wrote:People should use whatever works best for them, and let others use whatever works best for them. Simple as that. There's no need for all this argumentation, bickering or trolling.
No need to compare dick size either, because some like small dicks and some like big ones.
lol love the comparison. :clap:
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-07, 18:25

What is baffling me the most is that there are some certain individuals writing on Ghacks who think that everything can easily being inserted code base wise - one just has to "Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!" :lol:

Lets say for example a site breaks because of some ecmascript garbage... which can not be implemented in a reasonable simple way as it is utterly complex.. still... those commenters opinion would be of course that it is no problem anyway and it just has to be implemented! Also they like to complain that they got kicked off the board - after annoying Moonchild again and again that he was not willing to implement all their pet features and sacrifice for that (Quantum or earlier Australis) the actual useful customization features inside Pale Moon!

I wonder why all that "clever and highly intelligent guys" are not forking Pale Moon on Github - they could invest their times they spend for writing hateful garbage into something actually productive - solving all the issues for Moonchild instead of providing their zero knowledge babbling. Oh well, i forgot.. they do not have knowledge like that in the first place, but it is oh so easy to say "not work - do not talk shit, implement it!"

Stupidity at it's most sophisticated level :lol:

If i would be the owner of Ghacks, i would have inserted since ages way more strict moderation rules. Also, all that tirades are off topic and derailing.
Isengrim wrote:Also, according to one of the commenters, we are all "autistic". I guess that's the latest hip slur to use to describe people you disagree with and do not understand.
That is best 4chan slang - Quite a poor sign if Mozilla's replacement users (which are now on-board instead of all the one's who left Firefox) are still stuck for a certain part in Kindergarten age. That term is used to describe people who are not happy with standards and still want "bloated" features like customization :ugeek:
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-07, 20:12, edited 7 times in total.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-08, 20:03

Looks like the Ghacks thread got cleaned up, at least the most disgusting comments are now gone as it seems - Praises go to the amazing Ghacks team :)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-03-10, 05:44

I think that these people just complain there because in this place my scales just ban them in no time*.

Some of their gripes are that Twitter and Tumblr don't work in Pale Moon, in my case they work very fine since I installed a codec library like K-lite Mega version. Period, most of the video troubles comes from this and people just don't listen. I won't address more examples that they can solve with a search in this forum.

Well I think that is interesting to see all these trolls spend insane amounts of time in useless critics about PM, because they are more aware of this project than they want to admit of.

For our non-fans I left a quote of the Spanish book "El quijote de la mancha" with a translation:
"Deja que los perros ladren Sancho amigo, es señal que vamos pasando"

"Let the dogs bark friend Sancho, it's a sign that we're going ahead"
:mrgreen:
Off-topic:
* Greetings for read this small text. In a offtopic trivia, sometimes I use my official Anubis club's Scales (woth 1,000,000 proof of purchase of Anubis-o-Corn cereal) for weight the reports left in my desk. Usally the thing is bad manner and choose the worst punishment for trolls and spammers.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-10, 10:03

lyceus wrote:
"Deja que los perros ladren Sancho amigo, es señal que vamos pasando"

"Let the dogs bark friend Sancho, it's a sign that we're going ahead"
And sometimes it seems they bark too hard and do something which backfires - See the last posts on that article :D Typical example that uncontrolled anger makes you careless and then shit happens :twisted:
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-10, 10:04, edited 2 times in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-03-10, 12:43

I've stopped watching those specific threads, they border on the ridiculous and are a complete waste of time. Hopefully Ghacks will decide to clean things up. Not talking about censorship, just mere common sense.