Is support for ALL Firefox addons ending???

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
PCMasterRace

Is support for ALL Firefox addons ending???

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2018-03-06, 21:41

I absolutely NEED LastPass for work. I have literally thousands of web server logins for clients logged in it. If I can't use LastPass, then I cannot use Pale Moon, or at leas not for work purposes.

PCMasterRace

Re: Is support for ALL Firefox addons ending???

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2018-03-06, 22:40

OK, update: LastPass version 3.4 (or something like that) will work, at least for now. Some of the functions don't work (for instance, I can't open account settings for some reason) and I dont think the biometric access (fingerprint) will work.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-03-07, 00:14

Support of Firefox add-ons is not going away at all. Support for Mozilla's add-ons site is, though.

This means that you won't get auto-updates for add-ons still listed there, if they receive any updates. You also won't be able to search for said add-ons within the Add-ons Manager (about:addons). You will still be able to install them, and still be able to use them.

PCMasterRace

Unread post by PCMasterRace » 2018-03-07, 02:25

Lootyhoof wrote:Support of Firefox add-ons is not going away at all. Support for Mozilla's add-ons site is, though.

This means that you won't get auto-updates for add-ons still listed there, if they receive any updates. You also won't be able to search for said add-ons within the Add-ons Manager (about:addons). You will still be able to install them, and still be able to use them.
Phew. Thanks for the clarification.
PS love your avatar :P
Last edited by PCMasterRace on 2018-03-07, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.

JSkier

Unread post by JSkier » 2018-06-13, 14:33

3.1.4 of LastPass still works for PaleMoon (available on their site). Includes basic auth as well. You're very likely exposing yourself to security risks though.