Incompatible Add-ons page out of date Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Incompatible Add-ons page out of date

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-02-12, 21:15

Known Incompatible Add-ons is out of date and needs revision. Why do some items not have links? Why do some links not work?

Fixed items:
Add URL to Window Title - only at Mozilla addons
CookieKeeper - only at Mozilla addons
Enjoy Reading - only at Mozilla addons
FlashDisable - only at Mozilla addons
Lucifox - unable to find it
Play/Pause - only at Mozilla addons
QuickPasswords - only at Mozilla addons
Reload Plus - only at Mozilla addons
YouTube ALL HTML5 - only at Mozilla addons
Zombie Keys - only at Mozilla addons

Workarounds items:
1Password - unable to find on either Mozilla or Pale Moon addons sites
Blacken - 2.2.28 is better - recommended one did not work
DownThemAll - 3.0.8 - later version which works
DragIt (formerly Drag de Go) - link not working - have to search Mozilla addons
DuckDuckGo Plus - called DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials but version 1.1.5 not listed
External Application Buttons 2 - link not working - have to search Mozilla addons
Hide Caption Titlebar Plus - version 2.8.7rc not listed
Open With - link not working - have to search
PrefBar - link not working - have to search
Pure URL & Redirect Cleaner - suggest Redirect Remover, but that does not work on Google search
Sticky Notes - link not working - have to search
Tab Scope - link not working - have to search

It looks as if some have been turned into web extensions and the XUL versions removed, but I did not thoroughly check that.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Incompatible Add-ons page out of date

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-02-12, 23:00

With the "fixed" items only those with a version hosted on our site are linked, to point out that there is a separate version for them. For the links in "workarounds", I've updated accordingly.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-02-13, 20:07

Why call items "fixed" if they are only at Mozilla's site? In what way are they fixed?

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-02-14, 19:06

Most of those items in "Fixed" that I listed will install in Pale Moon. I guess that is what is meant by "fixed". I could not find Lucifox. As for Play/Pause, the last version that would install in Pale Moon is 1.2.11, which is not the most recent one.

BlueOwl

Unread post by BlueOwl » 2018-05-01, 06:25

I've been checking this page and I've noticed some things:
  1. Do we really need all those links to APMO in the "Fixed" section? I understand this is a leftover from the days when hosting hadn't advanced to the current status. In my opinion, there should be a better way to maintain a "Working add-ons" list. I was thinking of making an "Add-ons Guide" of sorts, including some relevant info... Is this a good idea?
  2. Behind the Overlay (Moon Edition) is now Dismiss the Overlay, Send Tab to Device (Moon Edition) is now Send Link to Device;
  3. the link for Color Identifier returns a 404 error;
  4. At random, I decided to test the provided solution for Re-Pagination (named RE-Pagination) and couldn't get it to work (PM 27.9.0 32-bit);
  5. I have a list of a few more extensions that can be installed with and without Moon Tester Tool, and I don't know where to add them. However, it would be pretty useless to make the Add-ons team add a big bunch of links hosted on AMO right now (see first point).

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-05-01, 07:07

BlueOwl wrote:Do we really need all those links to APMO in the "Fixed" section?

See Planned Removal of Mozilla Add-ons Service and Old Browser Versions

BlueOwl

Unread post by BlueOwl » 2018-05-01, 19:50

I've been reading about this (extensively, I've read that link already). I was just thinking that if users actually navigate to APMO's main page before seeing the Known Incompatible page (the most likely scenario), they will have already found those add-ons. Removing them leaves us with a better idea of what extensions work that are currently not hosted on APMO. If nothing changes, those links don't hurt anyone.

Edit: I've noticed users post way more often in the "Browser Extensions" board than this one. Maybe there's a way to add the sticky topic coffeebreak linked to over there, as a reminder.

Edit 2: a mix up on my part, it's fixed now.
Last edited by BlueOwl on 2018-05-01, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-05-03, 21:41

I've updated the page to fix incorrect names/links.

With regards to "RE-Pagination": this seems to work for me. You need to right click on a "next" link (for example, on Google search results) and select the RE-Pagination option.