Is there any working VPN for PaleMoon 27 (x32)?

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

bellboy

Re: Is there any working VPN for PaleMoon 27 (x32)?

Unread post by bellboy » 2017-10-29, 20:06

how about FinchVPN? works fine for me. $2 / month for 25GB traffic.
free account has fewer servers to choose from, doesnt allow torrent downloading and has limit 3GB.
yes, they keep logs just like every vpn service - at least they don't lie about it.

davidryan

Unread post by davidryan » 2018-01-17, 14:04

I am satisfied with the Ivacy VPN there services are best for Anonymity and security
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-01-17, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2018-01-23, 03:43

Off-topic:
davidryan wrote:I am satisfied with the Ivacy VPN there services are best...
I will dismiss all the reports for spam placed in my table, my admin scales think that for this and only this time it's legal that you recommend a service due the topic of this tread. But please, don't test your luck further.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-09, 10:23

I think people are being mislead a bit from these VPN services which in my mind are nothing more than glorified proxy servers.I would rather use something like startpage which offers a free proxy.A lot of them claim they do not log but how can you truthfully verify this...?
If this level of anonymity is required for whatever reason then i would perhaps consider TOR as an option but dont be mislead by these VPN companies.
Last edited by Moonraker on 2018-02-09, 10:25, edited 3 times in total.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

bellboy

Unread post by bellboy » 2018-02-09, 12:04

Startpage is not proxy.
Google translate is.
VPN encrypts the whole network traffic (eg. torrent).

bellboy

Unread post by bellboy » 2018-02-09, 12:14

Of course they log otherwise they wouldnt know if customer exceeded their monthly allowance and when to charge them and how much..

Many vpn providers offer free web proxy (vpnbook)

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-09, 12:15

bellboy wrote:Startpage is not proxy.
Google translate is.
VPN encrypts the whole network traffic (eg. torrent).
Startpage has a proxy option.
Vpn encrypts from computer to VPN server but does not encrypt connection from VPN to chosen website.So no the whole connection is not encrypted although i fail to see why a VPN would be needed at all if encryption is the need.I would expect torrents etc to be encrypted anyway.

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-09, 12:16

bellboy wrote:Of course they log otherwise they wouldnt know if customer exceeded their monthly allowance and when to charge them and how much..

Many vpn providers offer free web proxy (vpnbook)
I am speaking of VPN providers who claim they do not log,just curious how vpn users verify this is the case.

Pale moon 29.4.1

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2018-02-09, 12:28

Moonraker wrote:I think people are being mislead a bit from these VPN services which in my mind are nothing more than glorified proxy servers.I would rather use something like startpage which offers a free proxy.A lot of them claim they do not log but how can you truthfully verify this...?
If this level of anonymity is required for whatever reason then i would perhaps consider TOR as an option but dont be mislead by these VPN companies.
I'm scared to use TOR right now! And whatever you do, don't run an exit node, you have a sky-high chance of getting blackmailed!

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-02-09, 12:32

RJARRRPCGP wrote:
Moonraker wrote:I think people are being mislead a bit from these VPN services which in my mind are nothing more than glorified proxy servers.I would rather use something like startpage which offers a free proxy.A lot of them claim they do not log but how can you truthfully verify this...?
I'm scared to use TOR right now! And whatever you do, don't run an exit node, you have a sky-high chance of getting blackmailed!
I would of thought TOR would make you more noticed TBH.Why do people need that level of privacy/anonymity.?I know the NSA watches the tor network and seeing as the exit nodes as you say are unencrypted it is more insecure.

Pale moon 29.4.1

davidryan

Unread post by davidryan » 2018-02-20, 12:22

I am using fastestVPN with pale moon 27. Initially it was lagging but after i contacted the customer support its working fine now.

galaxysurfer
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by galaxysurfer » 2018-02-24, 21:57

https://nordvpn.com/servers/ not sure if this meets your specs & it is a paid service. They are based in panama.