How to completely stop theme from overriding webpage colors?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
cool_user

How to completely stop theme from overriding webpage colors?

Unread post by cool_user » 2018-02-02, 07:59

I'm using a darkish gray theme with white text, and frequently when I visit websites I see white text on a white background (Almost always in search bars) and elements like buttons, checkboxes and dropdown menus are darkish gray. Under the "Content" tab of preferences I set "Override the colors specified by the page with my selections" to "Never", but it didn't help.

Is there a way to stop webpages from looking this way that doesn't necessarily affect Pale Moon's interface colors, but just the webpages themselves?
Attachments
Here I've typed "search" into the search bar, but I can't see it because the text is white.
Here I've typed "search" into the search bar, but I can't see it because the text is white.
Here are some affected elements.
Here are some affected elements.