I am Rohith, i am from India. i would like to submit the hi-IN translation
here is link from dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vkwbhxqljep5kg/hi-IN.dtd

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [hi-IN] Hindi(India) translation page

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-03-22, 20:59

Thank you - I'll update the hi-IN language pack soon.
How would I credit you in Hindi script?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

rohithns

Unread post by rohithns » 2013-03-25, 04:52

you can put it as
Rohith / रोहित

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-03-25, 11:53

Thank you.

I noticed the actual Firefox language pack (that Pale Moon's are based on) is incomplete. could you please help me with 2 small strings?:

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY tracking.label                 "Tracking">
<!ENTITY doNotTrack.label               "Tell web sites I do not want to be tracked">
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

rohithns

Unread post by rohithns » 2013-03-25, 16:15

Moonchild wrote:Thank you.

I noticed the actual Firefox language pack (that Pale Moon's are based on) is incomplete. could you please help me with 2 small strings?:

<!ENTITY doNotTrack.label               "Tell web sites I do not want to be tracked">

<!ENTITY tracking.label                 "नज़र रखना">
<!ENTITY doNotTrack.label               "वेब साइटों बताओ की मैंरा नज़र रखना नहीं चाहते">
[/quote

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-25, 17:40

rohithns wrote:
Moonchild wrote:Thank you.

<!ENTITY tracking.label                 "नज़र रखना">
<!ENTITY doNotTrack.label               "वेब साइटों बताओ की मैंरा नज़र रखना नहीं चाहते">
[/quote

@ Rohithns : These Hindi translations are wrong. Are you using Google translate for them ?

rohithns

Unread post by rohithns » 2013-03-27, 03:09

Of course i use google translate for common words and then if i find the google translate is giving wrong result i manual update the string in google transliterate and update the string

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-27, 10:12

rohithns wrote:Of course i use google translate for common words and then if i find the google translate is giving wrong result i manual update the string in google transliterate and update the string
well, just FYI, "वेब साइटों बताओ की मैंरा नज़र रखना नहीं चाहते" makes zero sense in hindi.

rohithns

Unread post by rohithns » 2013-03-27, 13:59

you are always welcome to translate the string and i am just helping to complete the translation. please let me know what makes sense here and complete the tranlation.

please ensure next time that instead of saying saying something is wrong please suggest what is correct in the replies.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-03-27, 23:33

Can someone who is native or at least fluent in Hindi please proofread the Hindi file as attached here and let me know if the texts are acceptable quality?
I'm holding off publishing until I'm sure it's at least understandable for a native.
Attachments
palemoon.dtd
Hindi DTD
(3.19 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-28, 02:49

How do you open the dtd file on windows ?

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-28, 03:03

rohithns wrote:you are always welcome to translate the string and i am just helping to complete the translation. please let me know what makes sense here and complete the tranlation.
please ensure next time that instead of saying saying something is wrong please suggest what is correct in the replies.
:lol:
Dude, this is teh interwebz. Dont use corporate, professional lingo here.

rohithns

Unread post by rohithns » 2013-03-28, 03:09

dudewithit wrote:How do you open the dtd file on windows ?
Use any utf8 supported text editor. example notepad++

rohithns

Unread post by rohithns » 2013-03-28, 03:23

dudewithit wrote:
rohithns wrote:you are always welcome to translate the string and i am just helping to complete the translation. please let me know what makes sense here and complete the tranlation.
:lol:
Dude, this is teh interwebz. Dont use corporate, professional lingo here.
first and foremost,

This is all volunteering, i found Kannada was untranslated so took the initiative and completed it. next once i finished it thought hindi has large speaking population and still no hindi translation and have put all the efforts to translate it.

Out of nowhere you come and tell me you are wrong. doesn't make any sense. you tell we where i am wrong and suggest your correction that will be right spirit of volunteering. and for the simple reason that i asked to give the correct translation you feel offended. completing the translation is important rather than useless ego clashes.

happy translating... :)

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-28, 04:15

Moonchild wrote:Can someone who is native or at least fluent in Hindi please proofread the Hindi file as attached here and let me know if the texts are acceptable quality?
I'm holding off publishing until I'm sure it's at least understandable for a native.
As a native hindi speaker, these translations dont make much sense. In fact, many words used here are not present in Hindi at all.

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-28, 04:19

rohithns wrote: and for the simple reason that i asked to give the correct translation you feel offended. completing the translation is important rather than useless ego clashes.
happy translating... :)
no offense meant. And i am surprised you took offense.
I just found your speech rather lol-worthy, because it is too stiffly formal.
I appreciate you volunteering to make PM more accessible to users.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-03-28, 08:04

Let's not nitpick about people's personal writing styles... Seriously.

FYI: Using formal language is never something to complain about - just because it's a volunteer effort doesn't mean everyone involved has to talk in "street English". In addition, many TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) program(me)s use the more formal choice if there is one, since it is never incorrect, while using familiar English could be, depending on the situation.

Also keep in mind that professionals are involved in Pale Moon, and I greatly and equally appreciate anyone willing to help with the effort to make Pale Moon as accessible and usable as possible for people around the world, professional or not. All I'm looking for right now is the assurance that the offered translations are acceptable.
Dudewithit, if you are native in Hindi, and have time to look over and correct the 20-odd strings in this current effort, that would be great. If not, I fully understand and will upload the in-progress file to Babelzilla as well and flag it as needing review.

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-28, 08:41

^ Willing to do the translation.
For this, wouldnt i need to understand what each config option does ? Or do i do a literal translation ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-03-28, 09:27

The strings in the palemoon dtd file are mostly the added preferences in the options dialog box. If you install the current hindi language pack you will see the ones there being untranslated (in English) mixed in with Firefox-translated preferences.

If you have a specific question (if e.g. the name of the string designator is not clear or descriptive enough) you can just ask for clarification here. most should be really straightforward.

dudewithit

Unread post by dudewithit » 2013-03-28, 11:22

<!ENTITY palemoon.smoothscroll.to
meaning of this