New Youtube interface... and browser sniffing...?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
SLotman

New Youtube interface... and browser sniffing...?

Unread post by SLotman » 2018-01-07, 03:08

Just appeared for me on Youtube, a link to a "new interface", asking me to try it out. I click on it, and this shows up:
upload.png
I don't know if the URL will work for everyone, but the address to access it is this one: https://www.youtube.com/new

I really, really don't get why people still do this, not even giving the option to "try it out on your own risk" or something... tsc.

Edit: I tried copying latest Chrome UA string, it got past that screen, but then only the Youtube logo showed up, and nothing else :/
Last edited by SLotman on 2018-01-07, 03:12, edited 1 time in total.

SLotman

Re: New Youtube interface... and browser sniffing...?

Unread post by SLotman » 2018-01-07, 03:28

Tried latest UA string from Opera, same result. But on Opera itself, it works...

SLotman

Unread post by SLotman » 2018-01-07, 03:32

Could get it to work (more or less... its slow) with Firefox 56 User Agent String:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2018-01-07, 04:17

^ That UAO should do the job on a Windows 8 (64-bit) machine.... :thumbup:

I'm currently using "general.useragent.override.youtube.com" set to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0" and everything on YouTube seems to be working fine for me on Windows 7.
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2018-01-07, 04:20, edited 2 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-07, 04:49

I'm using the Firefox 55.0 version number for the user agent for both linux and windows and this works for me in Pale Moon (27.6.2).
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Macca

Unread post by Macca » 2018-01-09, 00:49

Can confirm it works for me too due to having FF56 as an user agent. Just another case of Google using "scary" messages to try to force people to use their botnet.