Font Size in menus

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
arnad

Font Size in menus

Unread post by arnad » 2018-01-05, 19:38

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask if there is an option to change the font size in the menus (bookmarks, settings and so on). I found the option to change the font size on webpages (Options -> Content -> Fonts & Colours) which is really helpful, but this does not seem to affect the font size of pale moon itself.

Thanks in advance,

Arnad

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Font Size in menus

Unread post by badnick » 2018-01-05, 20:50

Try this extension: http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChan ... index.html
I use it from a long time.
Last edited by badnick on 2018-01-05, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

hobbledehoy899

Unread post by hobbledehoy899 » 2018-01-05, 21:37

Wouldn't that be an operating system configuration?

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2018-01-05, 22:24

To badnick: Thank you so much for the Theme Font & Size Changer extension you posted as just today the *current* one in Pale Moon didn't work anymore (expired I assume). So I installed the one you recommended and all is great!! :D :D Did put a couple of spares of it on my PC JIC.
Last edited by nana2 on 2018-01-05, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

PMIVO

Unread post by PMIVO » 2018-01-06, 08:19

badnick wrote:Try this extension: http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChan ... index.html
Thank you very much for pointing me to this extension! :)

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2018-01-06, 09:48

You are welcome, guys!
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

arnad

Unread post by arnad » 2018-01-09, 08:21

hobbledehoy899 wrote:Wouldn't that be an operating system configuration?
I'd be interested in finding such an option. I am using WIndows 7 and Linux Mint XFCE and have yet to find them, so I can't tell if they would affect pale moon. I'll update this thread should I find anything in case someone comes looking for it.

Until further notice I will use the recommended version of theme and font size changer. However, I think it strange to have to rely on an Add-On for something I (and especially people more near-sighted that me) have a basic need for. Especially given that the original version of the theme and font size changer was datebombed (which made reading my bookmarks pretty hard) I'm not really fond of relying on an Add-On.

mohinga

Unread post by mohinga » 2018-01-09, 09:36

badnick wrote:Try this extension: http://www.rossde.com/ThemeFontSizeChan ... index.html
Tbanks for posting this badnick. I left FireFox because of their disallowing of this addon, as well as the "old search' option in Classice Theme Resorer. Was bummed last week when Palemoon update disallowed "ThemeFont etc". But now all's good...

Macca

Unread post by Macca » 2018-01-09, 15:09

mohinga wrote:Was bummed last week when Palemoon update disallowed "ThemeFont etc".
Pale Moon never really "disallowed" it, the extension was just datebombed to stop working, which David Ross luckily fixed :thumbup:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-09, 15:39

When will people stop blaming us.. Pale Moon for issues relating to extensions.. IF WE ACTUALLY bust something extensions use.. We will admit it or even TRY and tell you and everyone before it lands.. We also try VERY HARD not to bust anything without good reason and even then if we can find a way to NOT bust something and still get the end result we always take that option.. But at the end of the day.. It is up to Application Extensions to be compatible with the Application.. NOT the Application to be compatible with Application Extensions.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-01-09, 15:41, edited 2 times in total.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2018-01-09, 17:17

arnad wrote:
hobbledehoy899 wrote:Wouldn't that be an operating system configuration?
I'd be interested in finding such an option. I am using WIndows 7 and Linux Mint XFCE and have yet to find them, so I can't tell if they would affect pale moon. I'll update this thread should I find anything in case someone comes looking for it.
I use XFCE myself and I can tell you that you can change menu font and size, both using XFCE Settings Manager. Right click on desktop, go to Applications -> Settings -> Appearance, then select desired font settings in the Fonts tab.

mohinga

Unread post by mohinga » 2018-01-10, 05:59

Sorry if I upset anyone... that was my first post, and I wasn't aware of the sensitivity level. I did not mean to criticize palemoon... I've only been playing with it for a few weeks. My use of "disallow" was out of ignorance. Now that I know the facts I will use "date'bomb".
And I guess I will think twice before posting.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-10, 08:09

mohinga wrote:Sorry if I upset anyone... that was my first post, and I wasn't aware of the sensitivity level.
You're fine.. Don't worry. Based on your post above you are already ahead of the game. Welcome to the forum.