why are my pinned tabs suddenly un-moveable?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
lonesomepoint

why are my pinned tabs suddenly un-moveable?

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2018-01-01, 17:41

For some reason, my open, pinned tabs in Pale Moon have become locked. I can't shift them to my liking. Has this happened to anyone else?

I haven't seen a menu option to lock or unlock them.
Last edited by lonesomepoint on 2018-01-01, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: why are my pinned tabs suddenly un-moveable?

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-01-01, 18:29

I just opened four tabs and then pinned them on my tab bar. I can move anyone of them to all the places I want on my tab bar.

I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.6.2 running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia) Xfce.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-01-01, 21:02

Try starting in Safe Mode, and see if the problem goes away. If so, it is one of your add-ons that is causing the problem.
Image(click to enlarge)
Click "Continue in Safe Mode" when the dialog box appears.

Another thing to try is resetting preferences when the Safe Mode dialog box appears:
Image(click to enlarge)
In that case, click on the button labeled "Make Changes and Restart".
Last edited by gracious1 on 2018-01-01, 21:08, edited 4 times in total.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

lonesomepoint

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2018-01-02, 01:50

Oops...that solved the problem but also turned off my NoScript. I can't have that. How do I turn it back on?

Never mind, I figured it out myself: go back to the add-ons manager where I downloaded it in the first place. There was an enabled/disabled button.

If there is a "restart with add-ons disabled" option, perhaps there should be a "restart with add-ons enabled" option.
Last edited by lonesomepoint on 2018-01-02, 01:54, edited 2 times in total.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-01-02, 06:35

lonesomepoint wrote: If there is a "restart with add-ons disabled" option, perhaps there should be a "restart with add-ons enabled" option.
Actually, there is:
  • Help -> Troubleshooting Information | "Restart Normally" (button)
    or
  • File -> Restart
Also keyboard shortcut Alt+F, then R (GNU/Linux & Windows; doesn't work on a Mac).
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀