install LastPass addon/extension

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
russh

install LastPass addon/extension

Unread post by russh » 2017-12-21, 01:29

How can I install a LastPass addon/extension? Or can I?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: install LastPass addon/extension

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-21, 02:38

You can apparently install it at this LastPass Password Manager verion 3.3.4 AMO version link without any problem. ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

russh

Unread post by russh » 2017-12-21, 04:30

Bingo! Thanks!

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2017-12-21, 04:31

I just need to tell you that Lastpass isn't the greatest. They have been hacked not once but twice and you shouldn't use an extension for your passwords. I've written about how to use an extension that acts like a conduit between your browser and Keepass which stores the password on your computer in the Keepass vault. Never trust the cloud.

https://techcomputerforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=504

But what ever floats your boat I guess. I can only lead a horse to water...

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2017-12-24, 02:14

I've got LastPass 3.3.4 on Pale Moon, but that's apparently the last LP add-on that will install. It used to be that all the LP add-ons for Firefox would install on Pale Moon as well, but no longer. And I'm having problems with 3.3.4. Each time I close Pale Moon, the LP add-on goes off, and in order to use it, I need to log in with my LP master password. I'm not happy about this. I've been a Premium LP user for years, and I use LP not just on Windows but also on my Android tablet. But it's beginning to be clear that I should be looking for alternatives. I may try KeePass. Several years ago I tested 1Password for a software review panel, but I didn't like it. Not sure whether I'd like it more now. If anyone has a password manager they like and that works well with Pale Moon, I'd love to know about it.
PM 29.1.1(32-bit) on Win10 Professional 64-bit

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2017-12-24, 02:32

cyberreine wrote:I've got LastPass 3.3.4 on Pale Moon, but that's apparently the last LP add-on that will install. It used to be that all the LP add-ons for Firefox would install on Pale Moon as well, but no longer. And I'm having problems with 3.3.4.
I use the latest LastPass using JustOff's Moon Tester Tool. It works pretty well. I'll test it to make sure, so I'll edit.
The problem also happens in Firefox, when you downgrade from a newer version that's suppose to be something different.

Edit: Using 4.1.67, it would auto-log in.

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2017-12-24, 04:59

Megaman, I installed the Moon Tester Tool and just tried to install LP 4.1.67. However, I got a message saying "LastPass: Free Password Manager could not be installed because it is a Jetpack/SDK extension which are not supported in Pale Moon 27.6.2." (I also tried to install the latest LP add-on, but I couldn't do so because it's a web extension, something else that Pale Moon doesn't support.) How did you get 4.1.67 to work?

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2017-12-24, 08:26

cyberreine wrote:How did you get 4.1.67 to work?
Instead of Download File, you choose "Download Anyway."
You then go to the Add-on section of the browser, and click Options for Moon Tester Tool.
It has the option to install an add-on from there, the one you downloaded.

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2017-12-24, 19:37

Megaman, thanks for your response. What link did you use to get to the add-ons? I didn't get a "Download Now," nor was there a Download Anyway" option.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-24, 23:53

cyberreine wrote:Megaman, thanks for your response. What link did you use to get to the add-ons? I didn't get a "Download Now," nor was there a Download Anyway" option.
While waiting for megaman --- The link I provided about 7 posts up has the "Download Anyway" link if you scroll up (for the download buttons that say "Download file" if you use the "Moon Tester Tool") to the more recent builds all the way to the most recent (as I understand it the "Moon Tester Tool" will display "Add to Pale Moon" on the download buttons if you have installed the "Tool", as to the other more recent builds where you can "Download Anyway", I'm not certain how well that works. I have always just gone with the download buttons that say "Add to Pale Moon" which would not be the case if you do NOT use the "Moon Tester Tool" since without the "Tool" all the buttons would say "Download file").
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2017-12-25, 00:03

Thanks very much, Pale Moon rising. I went to a page where there were lots of versions of the LP add-on, and all of them had "Add to Pale Moon" displayed next to them. But when I clicked on them, each one would try to download and then display one of the rejection notices I posted about earlier--either that Pale Moon didn't support web extensions or didn't support JetPack. I tried about four or five, with the same lack of success. At one point yesterday, I did succeed in downloading a LP add-on, but I think it was before I installed the Moon Tester. When I tried to install it once Moon Tester was installed, Moon Tester asked me to find the file, and although it was in my downloads directory, it wasn't visible to Moon Tester. My guess is that Moon Tester downloads it in a different format than the normal one, but I'm not sure. All I know is that so far I've been unsuccessful.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2017-12-25, 00:50

That's odd, that "Download Anyways" automatically appears.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

If it doesn't appear, I guess we have to upload the .xpi to a file sharing site, not something we encourage.
Anything past the 4.1.67 is not designed to install in Palemoon, since Web Ex.

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2017-12-25, 04:35

Thanks very much, Megaman, for your response. I went back to the site whose URL you supplied and tried to get Version 4.1.67. I clicked on the "Download with Pale Moon" button and clicked on Allow when the usual sign popped up telling me that Pale Moon prevented this site (the mozilla add-ons site) asking me to install software on my computer. The download seemed to proceed, but at the end, a sign popped up telling me the software couldn't be installed because it's "a JetPack/SDK extension which are not supported in Pale Moon 27.6.2." I should add that I didn't see any "Download Now" or "Download Anyway," just "Download with Pale Moon." ???

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-25, 04:40

Using the link I posted the most current version is 3.3.5 that has an "Add to Pale Moon" button.

Try clicking HERE and install that version and see if this gets you better results (I'm assuming you have installed the "Moon Tester Tool").

cyberreine
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by cyberreine » 2017-12-25, 05:46

Thanks, Pale Moon Rising. Did you mean 3.3.4? I didn't see a 3.3.5 version on the link you provided. I'm already using 3.3.4. I've used it for quite a while, and it worked fine until recently. Now, every time I close Pale Moon, the add-on closes. It used to stay on for days at a time.
If I understand Megaman correctly, he has got 4.1.67 installed and working on Pale Moon. I was hoping to try that and see if it cures the problem I've been having.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-12-25, 06:16

Yea, that was a typo by me. Hopefully megaman can help regarding 4.1.67 as I do not know where the .xpi file sharing site is....

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2017-12-25, 06:33

Pale Moon Rising wrote:Yea, that was a typo by me. Hopefully megaman can help regarding 4.1.67 as I do not know where the .xpi file sharing site is....
I was merely implying that we upload the .xpi to a File Sharing site. Odd that the Download Anyway is not present. Using Firefox Compat Mode?
Last edited by megaman on 2017-12-25, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-12-25, 07:15

cyberreine wrote:If I understand Megaman correctly, he has got 4.1.67 installed and working on Pale Moon. I was hoping to try that and see if it cures the problem I've been having.
cyberreine wrote:When I tried to install it once Moon Tester was installed, Moon Tester asked me to find the file, and although it was in my downloads directory, it wasn't visible to Moon Tester. My guess is that Moon Tester downloads it in a different format than the normal one, but I'm not sure. All I know is that so far I've been unsuccessful.

Here's a link to Last Pass 4.1.67 on AMO's versions page. There *should* be a blue Download Anyway llink visible [see screenshots], but if it doesn't appear for you, right-click on the green Download File button and "save as" to your desktop (or anywhere else convenient, but you'll need to know where to find it).
shown with Moon Tester Tool installed
LP4.1.67[a].png
shown without Moon Tester Tool installed
LP4.1.67[b].png
Then open your add-ons manager (about:addons, Ctrl+Shift+A) and click open Moon Tester Tool's options. From there you'll get prompts to follow for installing the extension.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2017-12-25, 07:32

coffeebreak wrote:From there you'll get prompts to follow for installing the extension.
From the replies, the "Downlad Anyway" is not showing. I already sent the .xpi in PM with my DropBox, hopefully that works.
The green button thing only downloads a format that won't accept with Moon Tester.

Meh, just tested it, it works for LastPass. It didn't before, or must be other add-ons, but anyway. Yes, right-clicking and "Save As" on the green button will work. It did for me, I can't speak for everyone.

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2017-12-25, 08:01

Yes, it does install, but I wouldn't say it "works". It doesn't autofill anything. The right click context menu just says no matching sites. The icon in the toolbar shows the site and makes it possible to copy and paste username/password information, but it won't autofill, either. It's possible to use it, but far too tedious.