Potential Icon for Palemoon?

General discussion and chat (archived)
yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Potential Icon for Palemoon?

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-08, 14:17

I have an image that could form a potential icon for PaleMoon if anyone wanted it. Here it is just as an image:

I can knock it up as multiple ICO, multiple PNGs, BMP and HQX, ICNS files for OSX if anyone wants.
My skills technical & otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB.NET, VB6, PHP, Javascript. Graphic Design, Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since 1985. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Potential Icon for Palemoon?

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-08, 14:45

It is here, if you want it: https://yereverluvinuncleber.deviantart.com/art/Steampunk-Moon-Icon-719041562

ICO (combined ICO format containing multiple sizes for windows from 16px to 256px)
PNG (multiple sizes for any o/s, Linux, Android, Mac IOS, Rocketdock &c from 16px to 256px)
BMP (bitmap for other tools such as Blackbox desktop)

HQX and ICNS native MAC O/SX formats
Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on 2017-12-08, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
My skills technical & otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB.NET, VB6, PHP, Javascript. Graphic Design, Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since 1985. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-08, 16:36

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-08, 17:49

yereverluvinuncleber wrote:or possibly this one?
What are the Roman numerals for?

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-12-08, 18:26

I like it (the 1st one). thx for posting.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-12-08, 18:38

I don't understand what this thread is about.. Pale Moon's branding is not changing.. So explain.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-08, 19:47

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:I don't understand what this thread is about.. Pale Moon's branding is not changing.. So explain.
System icon, png, bmp or .ico file. Use on your system. You've never ever changed an icon on your system?

I customise mine all the time.

Windows 7 using Rocketdock and several widgets. The Palemoon icon is on the taskbar, it is just a little small at the moment for you to see. Thunderbird icon is in focus.
Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber on 2017-12-08, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-08, 19:53

SpockMan02 wrote:
27.6.2 XXVII.VI.II

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2017-12-08, 22:12

yereverluvinuncleber wrote:
SpockMan02 wrote:
27.6.2 XXVII.VI.II
Ah, clever. :)

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-08, 23:05

Sometimes I have a different icon for each release I am testing, so the version number has a use.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-12-09, 18:40

yereverluvinuncleber wrote:Sometimes I have a different icon for each release I am testing, so the version number has a use.
Yes, I do that myself sometimes. I also have a couple of dedicated profiles for specific purposes that have their own icons.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

franzk

Unread post by franzk » 2017-12-09, 21:44

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:I don't understand what this thread is about.. Pale Moon's branding is not changing.. So explain.
I don't disagree with the option.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-12-10, 01:00

yereverluvinuncleber wrote:I customize mine all the time.
Very cool. :thumbup: I have always liked the steampunk look. What theme are you using for W7?

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-10, 12:17

Thehandyman1957 wrote:
yereverluvinuncleber wrote:I customize mine all the time.
Very cool. :thumbup: I have always liked the steampunk look. What theme are you using for W7?
I'm not using any theme as they are unreliable and don't migrate from one version of windows to another.

Instead I use a background of my own/own choosing. Then I install Rocketdock and select/create an icon of my own for each function. I have created four hundred steampunk icons (used by millions now), they are on my deviantart page.

Then I load the old reliable yahoo widget engine and install my own steampunk widgets that you can see in the image below.

That is a bigger image, if you right click and select view image you should be able to see it in greater detail than the previous one - All created by me!

My deviantart account is here : https://yereverluvinuncleber.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ if you need anything.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-10, 13:35

This was my final Firefox icon which was a collaboration with Gedeon Maheux.

I still have it on my desktop and it will stay for a while I suppose. I will retain FF ESR for testing and as a backup browser just in case.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-12-10, 22:02

Thanks for the link. :thumbup: When the money's better I will be getting the Xwidget Pro.

Lots of great stuff. ;)

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-11, 01:24

Thehandyman1957 wrote:Thanks for the link. :thumbup: When the money's better I will be getting the Xwidget Pro.

Lots of great stuff. ;)
Xwidget runs without the need for the pro version and all my xwidgets (I have a few) are free in all respects. It is a kind thing to donate but it isn't strictly necessary, I know Tony and Jim (the two behind it all) and they aren't commercial types so it just goes to paying for the infrastructure. I gave them £20 a while back when I was flush...

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-12-11, 03:08

That's good to know, I really liked some of the widgets I saw on the program
but it requires the paid version to download them so it will have to wait.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2017-12-11, 07:36

Thehandyman1957 wrote:That's good to know, I really liked some of the widgets I saw on the program
but it requires the paid version to download them so it will have to wait.
FYI There are a lot on the deviantart group that are available for free.

https://xwidgetsoftware.deviantart.com/gallery/33514116/Widget-and-Theme

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2017-12-12, 01:40

Awesome :thumbup: :clap: Seem to be down at the moment. Keep getting 502 bad gateway error when trying to browse. :think:

Well, it seems to have fixed itself. :thumbup: I know what I will be doing tonight. :lol: