Eclipsed Moon Add-On Question

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

paradiddle

Eclipsed Moon Add-On Question

Unread post by paradiddle » 2017-12-05, 22:10

Greetings,

I didn't see how to contact the Eclipsed Moon developer(s) directly, so I thought this was the next best thing. Please let me know if I guessed wrong and if there is a better method to contact them.

I like the add-on quite a bit, but I have a question about the "Smart Erase" feature. This feature will delete cookies as you close tabs (one of many triggers that deletes cookies). However I'm wondering why it alters and ignores the cookie whitelist. If I have a root domain whitelisted, I still observe the cookies are deleted and the whitelist entry is also removed. I'd like to understand why this is, and/or enter a bug somewhere if this is not the intentional behavior.

Thanks a lot!

paradiddle

Re: Eclipsed Moon Add-On Question

Unread post by paradiddle » 2017-12-05, 22:50

I totally apologize. I posted this in the wrong forum section. This should be in the Browser Extensions group. Could someone move it please?

The paradiddle era is not off to a good start... :D

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-12-06, 07:21

paradiddle wrote:I have a question about the "Smart Erase" feature. This feature will delete cookies as you close tabs (one of many triggers that deletes cookies). However I'm wondering why it alters and ignores the cookie whitelist. If I have a root domain whitelisted, I still observe the cookies are deleted and the whitelist entry is also removed. I'd like to understand why this is, and/or enter a bug somewhere if this is not the intentional behavior.

I'm pretty sure it's intended behavior.
"Smart Erase" was designed to remove everything pertaining to a site (see its APMO page), including site preferences/cookie permissions (see post here).

BTW if you want to just remove cookies on tab closure, dedicated cookie extensions like Cookies Exterminator or Crush Those Cookies will do this.

paradiddle

Unread post by paradiddle » 2017-12-06, 15:22

I saw those links, and it's now clear what everything means. My thinking was the whitelist should be honored regardless but the developer(s) have a different perspective.

I'll check out those two add-ons you mentioned. I'm currently using Cookies Manager + which only deletes a cookie upon expiration (end of session in most cases for me).

Thanks for the information, coffeebreak!

uzver
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by uzver » 2018-02-09, 13:46

How to contact with developer?
Last edited by uzver on 2018-02-09, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Nightbird
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Nightbird » 2018-02-09, 20:36

Eurythrace is the key

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15267
Last edited by Nightbird on 2018-02-09, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Diversity is key.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.