Session lost after using palemoon --ProfileManager

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Session lost after using palemoon --ProfileManager

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2017-11-27, 13:57

First I have to say I’m using Pale Moon 27.6.1 self-built on Gentoo 64 bit with gcc 6.4 (or 5.4, I don’t remember, as gcc was updated recently). I haven’t tried the following with the official build.

Yesterday I had PM already running and I launched PM from a terminal using "palemoon --ProfileManager". It didn’t open any profile manager, but it did open a new PM window with the "palemoon.start.me/fr" URL. (That’s the first problem I guess, but not why I’m writing this post.)

I closed that window and went on with my life. My PM is configured to remember the open tabs.

When I opened PM today it had lost all my open tabs, and instead opened with a single tab on "palemoon.start.me/fr". Checking the profiles directory there still was only a single profile. Thankfully I had a backup from yesterday so I think I was able to restore all my open tabs.

EDIT: I tried with the official build. I can reproduce the first issue (palemoon --ProfileManager does not open the profile manager when PM is already open, but instead opens a new windows on "palemoon.start.me/fr"), but not the second one.
It’s a bit confusing as sometimes PM remembers all the previously open windows with their tabs, sometimes not.

GMforker

Re: Session lost after using palemoon --ProfileManager

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-11-27, 15:31

tooshorttoolong wrote:palemoon --ProfileManager does not open the profile manager when PM is already open, but instead opens a new windows on "palemoon.start.me/fr"
Use:

Code: Select all

palemoon --no-remote --ProfileManager
or

palemoon --no-remote --p
when PM is already open.

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Session lost after using palemoon --ProfileManager

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2017-11-27, 15:37

GMforker wrote: Use:

palemoon --no-remote --ProfileManager
Thanks. Then maybe "--no-remote" should be implied when "--ProfileManager" is used.