Sync option missing on Linux version? Topic is solved

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Sync option missing on Linux version?

Unread post by BookMark » 2017-11-10, 18:11

I have just installed v 27.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 (the Steve Pusser package). This is a new Ubuntu installation, that has not had Pale Moon on it before. When I try to Set Up Sync and choose "I Have an Account" - it goes immediately to the Sign In page and does not generate the usual 12 character code. Within the past 2 weeks, I installed v 27.5 on Win 7 and Sync provided the 12 digit code OK. Is there any known issue on Linux, or with v 27.6, or any way to force it to not skip the code generation box?

BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Sync option missing on Linux version?

Unread post by BookMark » 2017-11-11, 08:16

This appears to be a bug in 27.6. I tried downloading 27.6 directly from Pale Moon, and found the same issue. Next I downloaded 27.5.1 from the archive site and it worked perfectly, displaying the 3 boxes containing the 12-digit code.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-11, 10:14

It's not so much a bug in the browser as it is a bug in the new domain infrastructure I'm moving sync over to. Some DNS records were missing for the key server which is used for this 12-digit code, which I've now added. Please try again.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BookMark » 2017-11-14, 06:18

Moonchild wrote:It's not so much a bug in the browser as it is a bug in the new domain infrastructure I'm moving sync over to. Some DNS records were missing for the key server which is used for this 12-digit code, which I've now added. Please try again.
Thanks, Moonchild. It's working correctly now. :thumbup: