Linksys WRT1900ACS firmware Choose File dialog not working?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
digitalaudiorock
Moonbather
Moonbather

Linksys WRT1900ACS firmware Choose File dialog not working?

Unread post by digitalaudiorock » 2017-10-23, 16:46

I actually wasn't sure whether or not to post this to the General Support forum, as I have my doubts that it's a Linux only issue:

I have a Linksys WRT1900ACS router running dd-wrt. Those routers have two boot partitions allowing me to leave the factory firmware on one of them, and to always flash updates to dd-wrt to the other. That is, whenever I update dd-wrt I'm doing so in the router's default factory web UI.

I updated today and ended up having to use Firefox because the button to manually select the firmware file simply did NOT work in pale moon. No file selection dialog ever comes up. Annoying as hell.

Has anyone ever run into this updating firmware on a Linksys router in pale moon?

Thanks!
Tom

robert-e

Re: Linksys WRT1900ACS firmware Choose File dialog not working?

Unread post by robert-e » 2017-10-23, 19:48

I Just tried this on an E3000 using palemoon 27.5.1 64 bit linux released by stevepusser, and it works normally (as in when using firefox). I have ddwrt version 33555 (BS) on the router. I do recall on some dlink routers, that this sort of thing was a javascript problem that dlink never bothered to fix, and thus required an older version of internet-explorer on windows. Firefox would not work unless the javascript was edited in firefox.
Regards,
Bob

digitalaudiorock
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Linksys WRT1900ACS firmware Choose File dialog not working?

Unread post by digitalaudiorock » 2017-10-23, 21:05

Thanks! I suspect there's something like that going on here. Unfortunately it's not a trivial thing for me to test and requires more or less bringing down a lot of my network. While I was in there I briefly opened up the web console while I was trying to do that. It appeared it was repeatedly doing some really odd post...no clue what that was about. Maybe the next time I update I'll look a little closer.

Tom