YouTube Video Tutorial links not clickable here Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
treego14

YouTube Video Tutorial links not clickable here

Unread post by treego14 » 2017-08-07, 15:19

Hello. I thought I would pass this on to the Pale Moon community and see if there is any good workarounds for this. I cannot click on the YouTube "play" links here. It works fine in Google Chrome.

https://quizizz.com/resources?utm_sourc ... _tutorials

P.S. Pale Moon is terrific!

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: YouTube Video Tutorial links not clickable here

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-08-07, 15:44

They do not work for me either --- It's worth noting that they don't work in FF for me as well.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-08-07, 15:46

Of course as one would expect --- they work fine in Chrome. :roll: :lol:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-07, 15:51

Pale Moon Rising wrote:Of course as one would expect --- they work fine in Chrome. :roll: :lol:
If that is all the web designers care about and test in, then yeah, of course it'll work in Chrome.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-08-07, 15:56

Also no surprise they work in Opera as well (Chrome, Opera both using Blink engines).

They do not work in IE11 (trident engine) either, in fact some of the website is considered unsecure and will not render (even if I request the blocked content for some reason).

treego14

Unread post by treego14 » 2017-08-07, 16:40

OK ... thanks ... I tried a user-agent-override in about:config so that the site would think I was using Google Chrome and that did not help, either. I guess it's a site that I would have to use my "Open in Chrome" extension with.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-08-07, 16:40

Probably because the site is using "forEach" on NodeList which is unimplemented in some browsers.
Obviously this is poor web development practice to use something which is not standard across most browsers.

Error in console:TypeError: thumbnails.forEach is not a function
JS Context (where this occurrs):
(function() {
var thumbnails = document.querySelectorAll('.thumbnail-wrapper .yt-play-btn');
// below line throws error and aborts script execution, hence no click events are bound to video thumbnails
thumbnails.forEach(function(thumb) {
thumb.addEventListener('click', function(event) {
var url = event.currentTarget.parentNode.querySelector('img').getAttribute('data-url');
var videoModal = document.querySelector('.video-modal-container .video-modal');
videoModal.querySelector('#player').setAttribute('src', url);
videoModal.classList.remove('hidden');
});
});
})();

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-08-07, 19:27

treego14 wrote:OK ... thanks ... I tried a user-agent-override in about:config so that the site would think I was using Google Chrome and that did not help, either. I guess it's a site that I would have to use my "Open in Chrome" extension with.
Yep, I use the same extension for situations like this (comes in handy). ;)

NikolaNewton

Unread post by NikolaNewton » 2017-10-12, 20:34

As of version 50 FireFox implements NodeList.prototype.forEach, as do most other major browsers.

I made this greasemonkey script to patch the function for myself:

Code: Select all

// ==UserScript==
// @name        NodeListforEachPalemoonFill
// @namespace   palemoonFill
// @include     *
// @version     1
// @grant       none
// @run-at document-start
// ==/UserScript==
NodeList.prototype.forEach = Array.prototype.forEach
Works for the broken hyperlinks on etmyonline.com.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2017-10-12, 21:05

Links open for me on PM 27.5.1 flawlessly... also on clean profile.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-10-12, 21:42

Works for me as well using linux Pale Moon (27.5.1).
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Nightbird
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Nightbird » 2017-10-12, 21:50

Same here, i don't need a clean profile
Diversity is key.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

NikolaNewton

Unread post by NikolaNewton » 2017-10-12, 23:42

I'm not sure you guys mean 27.5.1 with or without NodeList.prototype.forEach = Array.prototype.forEach

On the website, http://www.etymonline.com/word/observe, I receive the JS error:
TypeError: t.forEach is not a function
unless I use my greasemonkeyscript.

To clarify the "hyperlinks" are not real anchor tags, but hyperlinked through JS.

Also, the OP's quiz site no longer throws an error about .forEach when it loads with or without a backfill from my script.

However, the etmyonline site does use .forEach on NodeList, and the embedded hyperlinks do not work for me because of that.

NikolaNewton

Unread post by NikolaNewton » 2017-10-12, 23:50

Also on http://www.etymonline.com/word/observe, by embedded hyperlinks I am referring to links like "ob-".

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2017-10-13, 11:39

NikolaNewton wrote:I'm not sure you guys mean 27.5.1 with or without NodeList.prototype.forEach = Array.prototype.forEach
On the website, http://www.etymonline.com/word/observe, I receive the JS error:
TypeError: t.forEach is not a function
unless I use my greasemonkeyscript.
Yotube links from the first post and links on http://www.etymonline.com/word/observe do work for me without any additional script.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-13, 15:45

treego14 wrote:Hello. I thought I would pass this on to the Pale Moon community and see if there is any good workarounds for this. I cannot click on the YouTube "play" links here. It works fine in Google Chrome.

I can now happily report (where they did not before) that the links DO work for me now for this posted URL using the latest Pale Moon 27.5.1 release. :clap: ... and yes Pale Moon is the greatest!! :thumbup:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-13, 15:48

_yuyu_ wrote: Yotube links from the first post and links on http://www.etymonline.com/word/observe do work for me without any additional script.
For this URL, they all work for me too, including the links like "ob-" (referenced above by NikolaNewton as not working), using Pale Moon 27.5.1 on Windows 7.

treego14

Unread post by treego14 » 2017-10-20, 02:22

Pale Moon Rising wrote:
treego14 wrote:Hello. I thought I would pass this on to the Pale Moon community and see if there is any good workarounds for this. I cannot click on the YouTube "play" links here. It works fine in Google Chrome.

I can now happily report (where they did not before) that the links DO work for me now for this posted URL using the latest Pale Moon 27.5.1 release. :clap: ... and yes Pale Moon is the greatest!! :thumbup:
Great! Thank you!

NikolaNewton

Unread post by NikolaNewton » 2017-10-23, 16:54

Really does not work for me, Pale Moon 27.5.1 Windows Server 2012.

When you type:

Code: Select all

NodeList.prototype.forEach
in the console, does it say 'undefined' or 'function()'?

Mine says 'undefined'.

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2017-10-23, 16:59

Work for me(27.5.1/64----Win 10)
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64