Alternatives to Add-ons that use Jetpack/SDK extensions

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Alternatives to Add-ons that use Jetpack/SDK extensions

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-07-18, 15:09

JustOff wrote:Well, I finally defeated my laziness and here is Behind The Overlay (Moon Edition) made as a fork for Pale Moon :wave:
Great, thanks a lot!

jt4242

Unread post by jt4242 » 2017-07-18, 15:22

Thank you, thank you thank you!!! It is wonderful and now makes Palemoon perfect (and it worked on the particularly troublesome website I want to be able to access without using Firefox)

I hate to admit how long it took me to find the .xpi on GitHub though - finally I saw the "1 release" and there is was.

I really do appreciate this. I had tried the add-on Moon Test Tool but gotten nowhere with it so this was a great surprise.

Sometimes

Unread post by Sometimes » 2017-07-18, 18:50

Any possibility of including a Wikipedia lookup add-on, such as QuickWiki or Wiki It? With either one, you right-click a word on a webpage, and it opens a popup with the Wikipedia entry (QuickWiki, my preference) or takes you directly to the Wikipedia page (Wiki It). I've found them indispensable over the years, but I don't see anything on the Compatibility page about them (or any other Wikipedia add-in, if there are any that do the same thing). I used QuickWiki until it stopped working on PM and switched to Wiki It, which works up through PM 26 but not 27. That and the lack of a Ghostery substitute (though I'm going to try Priv3+) have kept me from updating to PM 27, which I'd like to do.

Thanks.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-07-18, 19:04

Sometimes wrote:Any possibility of including a Wikipedia lookup add-on...
Try the excellent Selected Search.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-18, 20:53

Sometimes wrote:Any possibility of including a Wikipedia lookup add-on, such as QuickWiki or Wiki It?
None of these add-ons has nothing to do with this topic, dedicated to Jetpack/SDK extensions. Please open a separate thread with this question.

Sometimes

Unread post by Sometimes » 2017-07-18, 22:42

back2: thanks.

JustOff: How would I know? I'm not a techie, just a user. A thousand apologies for my ignorance and trespass on your time and patience (not such a terrible trespass, actually). Tobinwave says on the compatibility thread that it's being rewritten and not to post there. It wouldn't occur to me to start a new thread--I notice a lot of "Do this, don't do that" on the PM forum, developers and techies ordering people around--the arrogance of the professional coder--which I had hoped, vainly it appears, to avoid. I have a deal for you: I'll post in a separate thread (actually, I'm not going to, since back2 very kindly just gave me an answer without criticizing), if you review what Moonchild says in one of his posts: Please try to keep things pleasant.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-07-18, 23:18

JustOff wrote:Well, I finally defeated my laziness and here is Behind The Overlay (Moon Edition) made as a fork for Pale Moon :wave:
Awesome! Can we have a right click option in the right click menu, or left click to close?

Thanks. :)
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-07-19, 08:18

Sometimes wrote:snip[/url]
don't see how you could construe justoff's post as 'criticism'. seems like you have some kind of problem with authority figures, or people who you think act like one

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-19, 11:39

Sometimes wrote:A thousand apologies for my ignorance and trespass on your time and patience
I honestly don't understand your overreaction and kindly ask you not to continue the discussion in this manner. I can help you with the extensions you mentioned in a way I have proposed above or not do it. There is no hidden agenda behind this.
LimboSlam wrote:Can we have a right click option in the right click menu
Please open an issue on GitHub.

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2017-09-12, 04:50

How can I install it?

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-09-12, 06:08

tlaloc77 wrote:
How can I install it?
download the xpi from https://github.com/JustOff/behind-the-o ... e/releases

NewMoon1
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by NewMoon1 » 2017-10-09, 12:45

Thanks to all for that!

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2017-11-18, 17:46

More than a month late, I should visit & check for notifications more often.
fillerup wrote:
tlaloc77 wrote: How can I install it?
download the xpi from https://github.com/JustOff/behind-the-o ... e/releases
... and install the download as "from a local file" - got it :)

There are some others by OffJustOff on github that I am interested thin, e.g. https://github.com/JustOff/view-source-in-tab - meanwhile I understand that the .xpi should be found under "releases", but I can't see a link to something named "releases", so what's the recommended method to install such ones?

I just tried to manually add "releases" to the known url, resulting in: https://github.com/JustOff/view-source-in-tab/releases and found the .xpi, but that seem rather inconvenient.
Isn't there a better way? Did/do I miss something?

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-11-18, 18:34

tlaloc77 wrote:I just tried to manually add "releases" to the known url [...]
Isn't there a better way? Did/do I miss something?
2017-11-18_20-33-14.png

tlaloc77
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tlaloc77 » 2017-11-19, 18:27

*headdesk* Thanks!

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2017-11-20, 22:08

1210_bex wrote: The program can be found, and some history on the dispute, here:
http://daniel-lange.com/archives/71-Syn ... d-ons.html

Part way down the page, under Updates, you will find this entry:
18.06.2013: Improved version v1.9.2B of SortPlaces. Click on the link text ‘sortplaces-1.9.2B-sm-fx.xpi' to download it.

Harry
That site also has CheckPlaces, a bookmark checker, and it works with Pale Moon.

BrokenEye

Unread post by BrokenEye » 2017-12-03, 23:15

Anyone know a substitute for Save Button for Pinterest?