Clean Uninstall extension should be added to FIXED column

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Clean Uninstall extension should be added to FIXED column

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-24, 12:04

The developer of Clean Uninstall has adapted his extension to Pale Moon, so now this formerly incompatible add-on is now compatible, and it should be added to the FIXED column in the incompatible add-ons page.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Clean Uninstall extension should be added to FIXED column

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-08-25, 16:14

Shows as compatible with Cyberfox 52.3 but not with the latest version of Pale Moon.
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2017-08-25, 17:53

If you download the xpi it will install and work just fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-26, 04:56

Giraffe wrote:Shows as compatible with Cyberfox 52.3 but not with the latest version of Pale Moon.
Shows where? If you look in the release notes for version 0.1.9, you'll that the developer added support for Pale Moon 27.1.0b1 and greater. He used PMKit to adapt his extension to Pale Moon.

Right now I have Clean Uninstall installed, and it upgraded automatically, with a blue dot in the Add-ons Manager. It really should be added to the FIXED column.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2017-08-26, 08:05

When I click on the first link in the OP it goes to the correct page, of course, but the "Add to Firefox" button is greyed out.
OK, downloaded and installed v0.2.0 but the Options - Open Cleaner button does nothing. Might be because I've not uninstalled anything yet!
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-26, 10:53

Well, poop. Version 0.2.0 appears not to work in Pale Moon. Version 0.1.9 does work, however. You have to go the Versions page and click on the greyed out link.

So I guess that counts as "pseudo-static" rather than "fixed"?

I will let the developer know that the newer version is not working in Pale Moon.

When you use version 0.1.9, you get the dialog:
CleanUnistall dialog example.png
And it will appear when you delete an extension with preferences. So for now the workaround is to use the older version.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2017-08-26, 17:34

gracious1 wrote:Version 0.2.0 appears not to work in Pale Moon. ... I will let the developer know that the newer version is not working in Pale Moon.
The developer made many changes to the "Clean Uninstall" extension from version 0.1.9 to version 0.2.0. These changes included modifying several let statements, in the background.js file, replacing 24 instances of "let" with "const". For example, lines 18-27 of background.js was changed:

Changed from:

Code: Select all

//Polyfill
if (!Object.values) {
  Object.values = function (O) {
    let arr = [];
    for (let name in O) {
      arr.push(O[name]);
    }
    return arr;
  };
}
Changed to:

Code: Select all

//Polyfill
if (!Object.values) {
  Object.values = function(O) {
    const arr = [];
    for (const name in O) {
      arr.push(O[name]);
    }
    return arr;
  };
}
I changed the 24 instances of "const", back to "let" in background.js. With this reverse modification, "Clean Uninstall 0.2.0" now appears to work in PM27, in the same manner as "Clean Uninstall 0.1.9".

This add-on is interesting, in that it was modified to work in Pale Moon, using PMkit, while the same xpi file continues to work in Firefox.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-08-26, 18:39

riiis wrote: The developer made many changes to the "Clean Uninstall" extension from version 0.1.9 to version 0.2.0. These changes included modifying several let statements, in the background.js file, replacing 24 instances of "let" with "const". …
I changed the 24 instances of "const", back to "let" in background.js. With this reverse modification, "Clean Uninstall 0.2.0" now appears to work in PM27, in the same manner as "Clean Uninstall 0.1.9".
Hey, thanks for the work! :thumbup: The changing of "let" to "const" was, presumably, made to preserve compatibility with newer versions of Firefox (vv.55 and newer). So how might the developer make the code compatible with both Firefox and Pale Moon at this point? :geek:

UPDATE: Actually, I notice it is not a complete fix. The dialog is not behaving the way it did in 0.1.9. It used to lay over the Add-ons Manager window, and when you click "Cancel" it would go away. In the modified 0.2.0, the dialog opens in a tab, and clicking "Cancel" does not make it go away; you have to close the tab.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2017-08-26, 19:59

gracious1 wrote:UPDATE: Actually, I notice it is not a complete fix. The dialog is not behaving the way it did in 0.1.9. It used to lay over the Add-ons Manager window, and when you click "Cancel" it would go away. In the modified 0.2.0, the dialog opens in a tab, and clicking "Cancel" does not make it go away; you have to close the tab.
My modified version 0.2.0 behaves exactly the way the add-on did in 0.1.9 (lays over the Add-ons Manager window, "Cancel" makes the overlay go away, etc). Perhaps you missed one or more "const"(s)?