Problems with steamcommunity.com and cookies

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: Problems with steamcommunity.com and cookies

Unread post by satrow » 2017-08-01, 15:18

I can't see why or how W7 would clear 3rd party browser cookies, it doesn't happen for me.

Are you rebooting between browser sessions?

What 3rd party cleaning/privacy software do you use?

What security software?

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-08-13, 07:10

satrow wrote: Are you rebooting between browser sessions?

What 3rd party cleaning/privacy software do you use?

What security software?
1. Not necessary, sometimes yes, sometimes no
2. No software, only firewall and antivirus: Comodo Firewall 10, Avira free Antivirus.

All my browsers store cookies for a long time (even Firefox), only Pale Moon works with like shit and resets them every several hours there or after reboot.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-08-13, 07:33

Have you tried clearing all cookies for this website, possibly a cookie has been corrupted that would cause this.... :think:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

mednz

Problems with cookies disappearing

Unread post by mednz » 2017-08-14, 16:02

I'm having similar issues on Win 7, 32Bit with latest Comodo Internet Security Premium (v10.0.1.6258) and latest version of PaleMoon (v27.4.1). Installed PM today and cookies just disappear after a couple of minutes on every site I visit. Of course I'm not browsing in Private Mode. Cookie/Privacy settings are; Accept Cookies, Deny 3rd Party, Keep Until Expire.

I have cleared cache, cookies (what was left of them on one occasion anyway), restarted browser a few times but no difference. The difference for me is that I installed Cookies Manager+ (v1.14.3) on both PM and FF (latest version 54.0.1 which I'm using to post here) and exported all cookies (w/password option enabled) from FF and imported into PM. DIdn't have any issues on import but PM crashed a couple of times on browser restart but that could've been due to the installation of a few addons after the import. I had not used PM to surf the web prior to importing the cookies so the cookie cache was blank upon import. Cut a long story short, it's happening even with Cookies Manager+ uninstalled, cache cleared etc and even with a new profile. I'm thinking Cookies Manager+ has screwed something up or PM has some kind of bug.

Any suggestions? I think I'll uninstall then re-install PM and see if it runs OOTB. Should I just do a normal uninstall or should I use something like Revo Uninstaller w/deep scan settings?

And if this issue warrants its own thread let me know and I'll start one. TIA for any help!

mednz

Unread post by mednz » 2017-08-22, 03:25

Bump. No-one has any advice?