Makin' It Work: LastPass

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Shadeclan

Makin' It Work: LastPass

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-10, 14:06

I am not a user of LastPass. My opinion is that it is an extremely bad idea to integrate your passwords with your browser. I much prefer the KeePass / KeePass Helper route which keeps everything separate and isolated. However, my good friend Ziggy, developer of LavaFox, is heavily dependent on LastPass and he is unable to use Pale Moon when accessing websites that require passwords.

Both he and I were able to install LastPass via the Moon Tester tool - however, I was unable to install the version on the FireFox add-ons page: find the installable version here. However, once installed, there is no LastPass icon in any toolbar nor in the "Customize Toolbar" window, nor in any of the menus. There seems to be no way to get LastPass to fill in any login forms.

Am I missing something? Is anybody here still using LastPass? Is it working with Pale Moon for you? Is there some trick to get it to work properly? Any help is appreciated.

ethernetguru

Re: Makin' It Work: LastPass

Unread post by ethernetguru » 2017-08-10, 15:58

I installed the old lastpass version 3.3.4 found on the addons page here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-3.3.4

This was the last version before they moved to the newer layout.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-10, 18:28

ethernetguru wrote:I installed the old lastpass version 3.3.4 found on the addons page here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-3.3.4

This was the last version before they moved to the newer layout.
LastPass versions before v4.1.4 have several critical security issues. I don't think that Ziggy would be willing to expose himself by using an older version, particularly when he can be secure on a different browser.

Is v3.3.4 the last version to work in Pale Moon? Is there no known way to make v4.1.54a functional? Both Ziggy and I have contacted LastPass about it in an attempt to get them to support Pale Moon with the usual results. I thought their lackadaisical response was strange, since they support Maxthon, a horrendously intrusive browser. From what I've read, if you're a Maxthon user, you might as well run Windows 10 on top of it and give both the Chinese and the US governments access to all your sensitive data.

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2017-08-10, 19:10

LastPass 4.1.54 installed just fine for me, using the Moon Tester Tool. You might just want to try again, with a new download of the LastPass xpi install file.
LastPass.jpg
LastPass.jpg (43.65 KiB) Viewed 4320 times
It appears no longer possible to download extensions from AMO, where Pale Moon does not meet the extension's min-version requirement. You can still download these add-ons using another browser, such as IE or Chromium, just not Pale Moon.

ethernetguru

Unread post by ethernetguru » 2017-08-10, 19:18

The tester tool installs the 4.154a-an.xpi from the lastpass.com site but it doesn't fill forms where expected

Also, I thought 3.3.4 was the update done to resolve those bugs that were discovered in early 3.x.x releases ..

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-10, 19:26

riiis wrote:LastPass 4.1.54 installed just fine for me, using the Moon Tester Tool. You might just want to try again, with a new download of the LastPass xpi install file.
LastPass.jpg
It appears no longer possible to download extensions from AMO, where Pale Moon does not meet the extension's min-version requirement. You can still download these add-ons using another browser, such as IE or Chromium, just not Pale Moon.
Yeah, as I said, it installs just fine. However, it doesn't actually work - no LastPass icon, no LastPass menu item and no auto-fill.

I downloaded a version about a month ago by right-clicking on the greyed out "Add to Firefox" button and choosing "Save Link As" from the context menu but apparently you can't do that anymore - at least, not on the disabled buttons. Guess they're making it as difficult as possible for "alternative" browsers to grab add-ons.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-10, 19:28

ethernetguru wrote: ... Also, I thought 3.3.4 was the update done to resolve those bugs that were discovered in early 3.x.x releases ..
Not according to the story I posted - from that, it looks like they've had issues right up through v4.1.4.

ethernetguru

Unread post by ethernetguru » 2017-08-10, 19:50

right ... I keep mistaking 3.3.4 for 3.3.6

I haven't been able to find the 3.3.6 version for download anywhere mentioned in the article but

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zer ... 188&desc=2 shows fixed for 3.3.4
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zer ... 188&desc=2 shows fixed

"
Finally, the bug Ormandy noted in the older (and soon to be deprecated) version of the LastPass Firefox extension is fixed in a new update, so users of that version should update to 3.3.6, via the browser's built-in system.
"
Last edited by ethernetguru on 2017-08-10, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-10, 19:55

ethernetguru wrote:right ... I keep mistaking 3.3.4 for 3.3.6

I haven't been able to find the 3.3.6 version for download anywhere ...

"
Finally, the bug Ormandy noted in the older (and soon to be deprecated) version of the LastPass Firefox extension is fixed in a new update, so users of that version should update to 3.3.6, via the browser's built-in system.
"
Sorry - can't help you with that.

ethernetguru

Unread post by ethernetguru » 2017-08-10, 19:59

I opened up a ticket with their support to see what they can do . I have been a subscriber for a little over 5 years now so maybe they will work on something.

Shadeclan

Unread post by Shadeclan » 2017-08-11, 18:01

ethernetguru wrote:I opened up a ticket with their support to see what they can do . I have been a subscriber for a little over 5 years now so maybe they will work on something.
Much appreciated. :thumbup:

That's 3 of us. I hope LastPass is willing to put in the small amount of work it'll take to support us.

jyro275

Unread post by jyro275 » 2017-11-13, 03:35

ethernetguru wrote:I opened up a ticket with their support to see what they can do . I have been a subscriber for a little over 5 years now so maybe they will work on something.
Did Lastpass ever get back to you? I am on version 3.3.4 and I have auto-fill issues as well. For now I've been right clicking, then copy-pasting the password.

There's also a bug where the text is white when using the search function. I'm not sure if it's a LastPass or Palemoon issue, but it exists on both of my computers: Image

Herman

Unread post by Herman » 2017-11-17, 15:48

In the "for whatever it's worth" department, LastPass autofill recently stopped working in FireFox (52.5.0 (32-bit)), not sure if it's LastPass or FireFox.

Would love to see it working in Pale Moon instead.

Herman

Unread post by Herman » 2017-11-21, 13:15

Herman wrote:In the "for whatever it's worth" department, LastPass autofill recently stopped working in FireFox (52.5.0 (32-bit)), not sure if it's LastPass or FireFox.
Following up - autofill failures, etc., appear to be related to the latest version (4.2.1.21) of the LastPass plugin which has changes to support the "latest and greatest" version (57+) of FireFox. Uninstalling and reinstalling the previous version (4.1.67) of the LastPass plugin from October has resolved those problems. Installed this earlier version using MTT in PM Portable 27.6.0 (x64) and in initial testing it seems to be working properly - LastPass icon appears in toolbar, autofill works, etc.

tomysshadow

Unread post by tomysshadow » 2017-11-24, 23:03

Just in case you're willing to use an alternative product, Sticky Password is a password manager that supports Pale Moon specifically.

Herman

Unread post by Herman » 2017-11-28, 14:09

tomysshadow wrote:Just in case you're willing to use an alternative product, Sticky Password is a password manager that supports Pale Moon specifically.
Looks interesting, but requires administrative privileges to install so no joy.

groundhog2
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by groundhog2 » 2018-08-14, 18:59

I'm a LastPass user too, for a long time. I too am stuck on 3.3.4. Is there a way to run the latest version, ever? Or only on Firefox?

twigs
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by twigs » 2018-08-23, 22:56

Someone started a new topic on the LastPass 'Feature Request' forum, can those who are interested in having LastPass resurrect their support for the non-WebExtension version of their extension, please post on this topic: https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=291655

Who knows, it might get some traction ....

Thanks!

Cassette
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Cassette » 2018-08-24, 23:48

I recently installed 4.1.67 after learning that it's compatible with Pale Moon. In the 3.x version and in 4.x there's an ad sidebar in the vault. After some tinkering with CSS I was able to figure out how to get rid of it and I thought I would share it in case anyone else likes to not waste screen space. Put one of these (or all of them if you want) in your userContent.css file.

If you're using LastPass 3.x, this will do it

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(chrome://lastpass/content/home2.xul) {
 #rightside { display:none!important; }
 }
For LastPass 4.x, this works

@-moz-document url(resource://support-at-lastpass-dot-com/data/vault.html?lplanguage=) {
 #main.absolute.right.bottom.leftOfAd { right: 0px!important;} 
 #ad.middlePosition { display:none!important; }
 }
If you're using LastPass 4.1.67 and are trying to use the 3.0 style interface, it has some issues. That might be why it's no longer in the current version. I haven't come up with a solution I'm completely satisfied with, but I've made it better, anyway. The "body {height: " line needs to be adjusted based on your resolution, DPI scaling, and window size.

@-moz-document url(resource://support-at-lastpass-dot-com/data/homelocal2.html?lplanguage=) {
 #rightside { display:none!important; }
 body {height: 710px; }
 }
I don't know enough about HTML and CSS to know how to make it fill the vertical space automatically. I don't even know why it doesn't already. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable could improve upon it.