won't save pdf file

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
seahorse41

won't save pdf file

Unread post by seahorse41 » 2017-08-02, 19:03

I have Pale Moon 27.3.0SSE 32-bit installed on a Debian-8 desktop. When I visit a secure page that uses a javascript:GetFile() link to get a pdf file, it gives me this error in a popup dialog box:
Could not launch Adobe Reader 9.4.2. Please make sure it exists in PATH variable in the environment.

Well I don't have Adobe Reader, my setup uses evince. But I would rather just save the file anyways.
If I right click the link, it only gives me the option to copy the link location, which is not useful in this case.

I have tried 3 settings in preferences.Applications for the PDF document entry, Always ask, Save file, and use evince (with full path entered).
It seems these settings are being ignored, as it always gives the error and does not ask me any other options to handle the file.

Ideas?
Thanks