Compatibility Check at every start.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Makitk

Compatibility Check at every start.

Unread post by Makitk » 2017-07-08, 11:18

I'm using BunsenLabs which I've pushed to get Debian 9 stable updates.
For some reason the Compatibility Check for extensions pops up every time I start Pale Moon.

I have been trying to figure out if others on the forum have the same issue, but can't seem to find it.

Could anyone perhaps poke me in the right direction on how I could manually block it from happening? There used to be an extension for it, but I can't find that either...

I'm just a bit lost about it at the moment.

JustOff

Re: Compatibility Check at every start.

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-08, 11:24

Are the permissions of the profile directory correct?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Compatibility Check at every start.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-07-08, 14:09

If Pale Moon can't write to its preferences file in a persistent way, then it will keep checking on every start (since it needs to write a flag that the version has been checked).
This can also happen if you use one profile with multiple different versions of the browser, because the flag will get overwritten every time.

So yes, make sure your profile can be written to, isn't "reset" by sandboxing techniques or the like, and that you are using the same application version in all your installations that may be using the one profile.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite