Ad Block?

Anything to do with the Pale Moon add-ons website. (addons.palemoon.org)
Not for questions about add-ons themselves!
Forum rules
Important: This board is for specifics regarding the add-ons website (addons.palemoon.org) and not to report extension compatibility issues or discuss different extensions.
Please only post here when your topic is directly related to the add-ons website service so our moderators don't have to move your posts all the time...
tunescool

Ad Block?

Unread post by tunescool » 2016-08-20, 23:57

im using Updated Ad Blocker For Firefox 11+ .7.7.1 which blocks some sites ads, but not all sites

is there anything else available

Thehandyman1957

Re: Ad Block?

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-08-21, 00:07

tunescool wrote:im using Updated Ad Blocker For Firefox 11+ .7.7.1 which blocks some sites ads, but not all sites

is there anything else available
ABL is specifically designed for Pale Moon and you can get that here.
https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... -latitude/

You will need to add a filter list and you can get those here.
https://adblockplus.org/subscriptions

These are the lists I use.
Screenshot - 8_20_2016 , 5_08_58 PM.png
Hope that gives you what you need. ;)

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-08-21, 00:12

Yes there certainly is! I recommend ABL (Adblock Latitude), which is specifically designed for Pale Moon, an exclusive adblocker for Pale Moon: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... -latitude/.

Though personally I use uBlock Origin (a content blocker) because it's more customizable/flexible in what you choose to block and allow, a bit lighter when browsing and offers tons of filters to choose from. You can get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... in/?src=ss.

Anyways, feel free to experiment.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2016-08-21, 00:30

the latitude addon works good thanks, i searched on the pale moon addons page but didnt get anything, didnt need to use a list

im new to pale moon and ill be a PM user forever now, ive used firefox since it was mozilla but my everyday life revolved around a firefox addon that cant be supported anymore, imagehostgrabber

pale moon is the only browser you can use it and i have a celebrity pic forum and download hundreds or thousands of pics everyday

Mellen Pepper

Unread post by Mellen Pepper » 2016-12-20, 01:06

Thank you for helping me in email about ABL.
I finally found it after I turned on my Menu Bar. DOH!
:oops:

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-06-25, 22:07

im using

Adblock Latitude

my imagehost imagebam went offline for good and now im using pixhost which the ads show

i have the site disabled but they still show, is there something within the addon i can do

i know people who use the same imagehost but domnt have ads on theirs

they use AdblockPlus which i cant upload, says its not available

i use a mac

what else can i do

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-06-26, 12:26

tunescool wrote:
i have the site disabled but they still show,
If you have the site disabled in your ad blocker, that means you have turned off the ad blocker on that site! (Not an uncommon mistake.)

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-06-26, 13:32

ive done the obvious other way

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-06-26, 13:45

I don't know what you mean, but I'll assume you know what you're doing. :thumbup:

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-06-26, 16:02

the ads are on i know how it works, how can i get them off genius sarcasm

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-06-26, 16:04

forget it i dont need it

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-06-26, 19:11

That wasn't sarcasm. I thought the emoticon would show that. I guess I was wrong. Stop wearing your feelings on your sleeves. :thumbdown:

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-07-02, 10:59

i was trying to get some firefox addons to stop sites from taking images off, like all my sites photobucket pics dont show up

i got rid of all the ones that didnt work. but now no pics show up on any site anywhere i go on the internet. tried safe mode, disabled all extensiong, not one single pic shows up

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-07-02, 16:35

tunescool wrote:i was trying to get some firefox addons to stop sites from taking images off, like all my sites photobucket pics dont show up
As far as Photobucket goes, that's a Photobucket thing - they've cracked down on letting their images be posted on third-party sites:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/30 ... party_pgs/
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-07-02, 16:40

Nigaikaze wrote:
tunescool wrote:i was trying to get some firefox addons to stop sites from taking images off, like all my sites photobucket pics dont show up
As far as Photobucket goes, that's a Photobucket thing - they've cracked down on letting their images be posted on third-party sites:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/30 ... party_pgs/
thats not the cracker problem

i did say no images on the whole internet work, or did you just skip that and get rite to the good point

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-07-02, 17:42

tunescool wrote:i did say no images on the whole internet work, or did you just skip that and get rite to the good point
I did read that part, yes, but I also wanted to point out that there are some non-Pale Moon issues at play regarding internet image problems.

Keep up that attitude and you'll drive away every attempt at trying to help you.

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-07-02, 18:09

whatever i already know photobucket pics dont work, and i know everyones a sarcastic prick first on the internet and youll get your way anyway unless you just suck it up and help ok big guy

i aint got time for your useless reponses for your own entrertainment, dont deny it

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-07-02, 21:54

tunescool wrote:i aint got time for your useless reponses for your own entrertainment, dont deny it
Nigaikaze wrote:Keep up that attitude and you'll drive away every attempt at trying to help you.

tunescool

Unread post by tunescool » 2017-07-02, 22:03

Nigaikaze wrote:
tunescool wrote:i aint got time for your useless reponses for your own entrertainment, dont deny it
Nigaikaze wrote:Keep up that attitude and you'll drive away every attempt at trying to help you.
see there YOU go again, i just want some help, not pale moon authority

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-07-02, 22:21

OK, tune that dial right down. If you want to get help with an issue, don't get venomous with your responses. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, as they say.

Locking topic for spiraling into off-topic personal issues instead of focusing on the matter at hand.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite