Clean Uninstall extension for PM

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Clean Uninstall extension for PM

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-05-17, 19:12

Good news! I have learned that the developer Clean Uninstall, which is a JetPack extension, intends to make the next release compatible with Pale Moon (using PMKit).

So if a developer wants to get his/her extension listed (as an external) at the Pale Moon Add-ons site, what needs to be done? (I am assuming the developer wants to keep Clean Uninstall at AMO for now).
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Clean Uninstall extension for PM

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2017-05-17, 20:00

It's not possible for PMkit add-ons to use AMO as their external - moreso in the fact that AMO restricts what Pale Moon can see update-wise really. As the minimum Firefox version for the add-on is 38.0a1 (which is correct), it's too high for us with AMO, which means that the listing will state that we are "not compatible" (even if this is false), and we won't receive updates either.

They would need to either host with us (in addition to AMO, if they prefer), or another external host. If this is what they'd like to do, they'd need to send me some information as requested here. ;) This can be done either via forum PM or email (see my GitHub profile for that).

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-20, 00:09

gracious1 wrote:Good news! I have learned that the developer Clean Uninstall, which is a JetPack extension, intends to make the next release compatible with Pale Moon (using PMKit).
That is great! Just installed and it's working.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-05-20, 07:59

LimboSlam wrote:That is great! Just installed and it's working.
Hooray! Me too! (That was fast!) :clap:

But I hope the developer will list the extension at the Pale Moon Add-ons Site. Right now, it is only available at AMO and github. (Maybe Lootyhoof could reach out? :mrgreen: )
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Latitude

Unread post by Latitude » 2017-06-18, 16:39

Lootyhoof wrote:it's too high for us with AMO
Why is PM still regarded as "Firefox 27.9" in AMO?

The UA says differently: ".... Firefox/45.9 ...."

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-18, 19:51

Read the forum posts on that topic; it has been answered many times over.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite