pminstaller updated to v0.2.3!

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

pminstaller updated to v0.2.3!

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-04-23, 07:23

The Pale Moon for Linux installer has been updated to version 0.2.3. The following changes have been made:

** Updates used URL's to account for changes in the Pale Moon for Linux site backend.
** Only the latest version of Pale Moon can be downloaded and installed (installing previous versions is no longer supported). If you want a previous version of the browser, you'll have to download and extract it manually.

You can grab the new version from the Pale Moon for Linux site.

hobbledehoy899

Re: pminstaller updated to v0.2.3!

Unread post by hobbledehoy899 » 2017-04-23, 15:37

I was hoping for the option to install the latest unstable builds, that'd make using them less of a hassle...

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-04-23, 18:32

There is a plan to explore adding a browse/pick an offline tarball to run the installation process on or simply create a new installer that isn't as prone to busting..

I totally get it..

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-04-23, 20:13

We do intend to make improvements to the installer, but primarily due to time constraints for myself it tends to take a back seat to improving the actual browser itself. Patches are welcome!