Pale Moon 27 localization

The l10n of Pale Moon. Rawr.
dark_moon

Re: Pale Moon 27 localization

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-04-08, 07:32

I add german translation for the new strings.
Now someone need to verify that again

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-04-08, 13:51

dark_moon wrote:I add german translation for the new strings.
Verification done. thx for notification.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-04-10, 10:19

Here is the next beta build, it targets to upcoming Pale Moon 27.3.
2017-04-10_13-08-52.png
:!: Please note that new strings were added to the project after 27.2, so all locales should be updated.

And as usual: thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-04-17, 14:40

dark_moon wrote:I add german translation for the new strings.
And again two new strings :mrgreen:

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-04-18, 14:20

dark_moon wrote:And again two new strings :mrgreen:
Please be more careful and pay attention to the comments on CrowdIn to avoid mistakes similar to the one you did this time: there is no "P" letter in "Berechtigungen" that could be assigned as access key.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-04-18, 20:16

JustOff wrote: Please be more careful and pay attention to the comments on CrowdIn to avoid mistakes similar to the one you did this time: there is no "P" letter in "Berechtigungen" that could be assigned as access key.
No prob. Found your advice in CrowdIn comments and set it to "B" as suggested. Both new strings proofread.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-04-22, 06:34

Someone need to verify the new german strings

stb68

Unread post by stb68 » 2017-04-22, 11:11

hi,

i have tested the german translation in linux, in browser/chrome/de/locale/browser/browser.dtd is missing the new entity for permissions-menuentry and the browser cannot start. the diff for errorfix is the attachement.

thx, stb
Attachments
de_entity_pemiss.diff
(545 Bytes) Downloaded 33 times

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-04-22, 12:20

stb68 wrote:i have tested the german translation in linux, in browser/chrome/de/locale/browser/browser.dtd is missing the new entity for permissions-menuentry and the browser cannot start.
Pale Moon unstable is always a little forward of RC language packs. They will be synced in the next LP build (if no strings will be added to the browser during LP update).

:!: Note to translators: new strings were added to the project on April 21, so all locales that were not updated yet should be processed for upcoming 27.3 release.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-04-22, 12:56

German locale strings updated :thumbup:

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-04-24, 11:36

Here is pre-release build that is targeted to Pale Moon 27.3 (also compatible with 27.0.0 and later). Thanks to Manualo contribution we have new 100% translated language - Dutch, but it's not verified yet and most probably will be released a little later.
2017-04-24_13-56-58.png
:!: Unfortunately there are still untranslated strings in Chinese Simplified, Japanese and Spanish there. Please use the last chance to fix that before 27.3 release!

Since José Labán and lyceus could not agree on the translation of some strings into Spanish (Mexico) this should be resolved in the following way:
Moonchild wrote:If there is a problem with the localization, then please for es-MX, Lyceus' word MUST be taken as the truth and any hints/changes suggested must be implemented. He's a native.
So i ask lyceus to join CrowdIn and make his suggestions there so we can handle this situation properly.

And as usual: thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

José Labán
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by José Labán » 2017-04-24, 22:40

Moonchild wrote:If there is a problem with the localization, then please for es-MX, Lyceus' word MUST be taken as the truth and any hints/changes suggested must be implemented. He's a native.
I don't understand how he can be any more native than me, but I think he has precedence because he has been around for more time than me. And it's not that we don't agree, but I was thinking in the changes he proposed and I was looking for the best solution, which I already submitted. But if he is going to be in charge of the translation, please tell me to move aside.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-24, 22:55

José Labán wrote:And it's not that we don't agree, but I was thinking in the changes he proposed and I was looking for the best solution, which I already submitted.
As far as I understood there was a clear issue that you didn't agree on... The best solution is the solution that flows best and most natural for most native-born Mexicans. I give strong preference to Lyceus in case of a disagreement since he's been doing published work for companies in Mexico for a few decades; not necessarily because he's been with the project for longer (although he has put a lot of work in already to make es-MX as consistent as possible).

Nobody has to step aside, but in case of a conflict of translation there must be one that is chosen. Since we don't have a vast community to draw on, you either have to come to an agreement with the other translator what is the "best" translation, or default to one person who has final say.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-04-30, 07:10

Again new german strings.
Wait for verification

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-05-03, 13:39

Here is the first beta build that is targeted to Pale Moon 27.4 (also compatible with 27.0.0 and later).
2017-05-03_16-21-55.png
:idea: Please note that new strings were added to the project after 27.3, so all locales should be updated.

:!: Warning! 27.3 release of Spanish (Spain), Chinese Simplified and Japanese still has unlocalized strings, this should be fixed ASAP!

Thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-05-13, 08:05

https://crowdin.com/profile/danielschaboltas translate the new german strings.
I change one string and add votes.

Now someone need to verify it

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-05-13, 22:05

dark_moon wrote: Now someone need to verify it
Just verified. greets.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-05-16, 13:48

Fresh beta build of language packs (27.0.0-27.4.* compatible) is ready for testing.
2017-05-16_16-39-36.png
Thanks all for feedback and contributions, new participants are always welcomed!

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-05-18, 20:23

I add the two new german strings.
Please confirm it

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2017-05-19, 11:12

dark_moon wrote:I add the two new german strings.
Please confirm it
Done

Nice WE, guys!