reCAPTCHA Never Works Right

General discussion and chat (archived)
littlebb87

reCAPTCHA Never Works Right

Unread post by littlebb87 » 2017-03-03, 21:41

I have tried the latest versions of four different browsers (PM, FF, Edge and Chrome) and I can't get the reCAPTCHA challenge to work correctly on two different websites. It keeps telling me my browser is unsupported. Could someone please try to access these two sites and tell me if you're having problems too? It could be that because I'm on dialup, something isn't fully loading.

Here are the two sites:
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/register/
https://www.000webhost.com/password-reset/user

I can't even send a help request because that requires reCAPTCHA too. Unbelievable! I wanted to register at the Malwarebytes forum because I'm having a problem with their software. I've got a 14 day free trial and by the time I can register an account, the trial period will probably have ended. :x

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: reCAPTCHA Never Works Right

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-04, 00:10

Got the captcha on your first link - worked fine. Don't see a captcha on the second link.

Make sure no ad/content blocking extensions are blocking them. Can't say if your slow connection is part of the problem. Are you using your ISP's DNS servers or something else?

John connor

Unread post by John connor » 2017-03-05, 05:48

More than likely the UA. You can try the extension UAControl and use this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0

Another option is to use the Firefox compatibility mode (I think it's called) in the PM options. Or try and "listen" to the captcha audio option instead of clicking on images.

testator777

Unread post by testator777 » 2017-03-17, 20:29

If you have a bsd or linux UA or javascript OSCPU recaptcha automatically discriminates against you as a bot. Which means you will always be challenged by it and have to do the challenge twice reguardless of if you got the first image search correct. Cloudfare ddos protection does something similiar to those UA's.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-17, 20:58

Honestly, I have none of those, but Google discriminates against Pale Moon and will require a double solve as well.
I wish people would stop using reCAPTCHA. It's being used as a vessel to promote their own browser (since It'll never be challenged this way)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-03-18, 03:26

Moonchild wrote: I wish people would stop using reCAPTCHA. It's being used as a vessel to promote their own browser (since It'll never be challenged this way)
Grrr... reCAPTCHA is the bane of my existence. :evil: It. just. fails.
Off-topic:
And apparently, the creators of one of my favorite language-learning sites, Duolingo, helped create it, so that's depressing and shocking at the same time. :shock:
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

StefanGustamin

Unread post by StefanGustamin » 2017-03-23, 15:17

Lucky for everyone CAPTCHAs are on their way to being made obsolete soon, at least by Google.

Pleasureseeker

Unread post by Pleasureseeker » 2017-04-11, 22:05

Just had one on on the Humble Store...

12 iterations before it would let me in :-(

I'm gonna have a think overnight about my next move as this beyond a joke and I'm not going to change my browser because some arsewipe at G**gle thinks I should use their piece of crap.

/r