Yandex video doesn't work Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Yandex video doesn't work

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2017-02-04, 13:10

JustOff wrote: moon-yandex-video-1.0.1.xpi
Quite dirty, but works 8-)
Thank you!
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-04-05, 18:22

It seems that Yandex fixed this problem on their end and no more tricks with user agent override (and special add-on) are required.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-04-06, 07:21

It's always nice to know a website actually fixes their problems so that so UA Overrides and/or other tricks are not necessary...

... I have never used Yandex myself (and frankly don't plan to), but when trying it out and verifying the page works okay in Pale Moon I did find out that for NoScript users (at least in my case) an Anti-XSS protection exception is necessary for this website's https://yandex.ru/video/ page to avoid getting blocked by NoScript, otherwise NoScript determines a potential cross-site scripting (XSS) attempt from this site. So to bypass the error the "^@https://yandex\.ru/video/*" XSS protection exception needs to be added to the "Advance" > "XSS" setting page. Of course FWIW, the website will not be protected against XSS by NoScript in this case. :!: :cry: From that standpoint it would be advisable, for those using NoScript that want to access this site, to add an ABE ruleset to NoScript for this site to limit the "XSS" site path vulnerability produced by the XXS exception. :idea:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Fedor2

Unread post by Fedor2 » 2017-04-09, 22:38

JustOff wrote:It seems that Yandex fixed this problem
Hope they do care about Pale moon, old versions still don`t work.
Our developers are whose fixed it.