Streaming/Tennis TV issues

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
qwetrydavid

Re: Streaming/Tennis TV issues

Unread post by qwetrydavid » 2017-03-02, 06:43

trava90 wrote:Have you tried disabling MSE?
Same video quality and choppiness issues with MSE disabled. If you guys test the site for a few seconds it might seem ok and you might think I'm being anal. But the choppiness flares up more than every minute and drags on for several seconds, and the bit rate often fluctuates. I guess I should also confirm I have flash 24.0.0.221.

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2017-03-02, 15:34

stevepusser wrote:I have no trouble with that test clip http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_e ... /test.html with the MX 16 version, which is going to be the the same as the Jessie version in the OBS repository. I am running the latest ffmpeg 3.2.4 release, which is also available for you in jessie-backports--Jessie's libav is getting dated by now. Did you upgrade to 3.2.4 in the same way?
I'm using Debian 8 Testing with the latest files.

I personally don't think it's the distro or files that are installed, it's the way PM handles the Diva player the site uses because FF and Chromium work just fine unless it has something to do with the user agent, I'll check that when I get home tonight.

I'll down grade to an earlier version of PM and see what that will do.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2017-03-02, 21:21

troypulk wrote:
stevepusser wrote:I have no trouble with that test clip http://camendesign.com/code/video_for_e ... /test.html with the MX 16 version, which is going to be the the same as the Jessie version in the OBS repository. I am running the latest ffmpeg 3.2.4 release, which is also available for you in jessie-backports--Jessie's libav is getting dated by now. Did you upgrade to 3.2.4 in the same way?

I personally don't think it's the distro or files that are installed, it's the way PM handles the Diva player the site uses because FF and Chromium work just fine unless it has something to do with the user agent, I'll check that when I get home tonight.

Ummm...you lost me there. Debian 8 is stable, Debian 9 is currently testing. I hope that's just a typo and you aren't mixing the repositories to get shiny new stuff, since while that can instantly blow up the system in a spectacular fashion, it can also lead to much more subtle issues that are not immediately obvious and are the very devil to fix, if at all. The usual advice for a system in that state is to dust off and nuke it from orbit.

So--you are using the PM version directly from Pale Moon?

qwetrydavid

Unread post by qwetrydavid » 2017-03-02, 21:56

troypulk wrote:

Troy, I don't have playback problems with the Diva html5 player. It sometimes doesn't load, but video motion is good, and I just used it for a good 3 hours. Just the main flash player is too choppy. I think I'll give up on it for now. Option a: the Diva player; option b: Chromium; option c: some shitty pirate stream despite paying for offical HD streaming.

troypulk

Unread post by troypulk » 2017-03-03, 02:57

stevepusser wrote:So--you are using the PM version directly from Pale Moon?
Yes, from pale moon

I'm just trying to help qwetrydavid I'm not interested in watching tennis, plus I think I'm not helping much so I'm done with this one.

qwetrydavid

Unread post by qwetrydavid » 2017-04-04, 16:35

Good news: no more motion and stability problems! I gave up and stuck with Chromium for the site the last month (and by the way, on MX Linux which I moved to a couple weeks ago Chromium doesn't freeze my whole system roughly every few hours as it did on Mint). But when I checked out the site with PM Sunday I didn't experience my earlier issues. With PM 27.2.1 (Steve's package in the MX repo). I did test the site with PM when I installed MX on the 16th of March, and had the same issues I did originally. That probably would've been PM 27.1.2, maybe 27.1.1. Was there something in the 27.2 updates that would've corrected my issues? Or just the site getting it together?

However I now seem to have a new issue with streaming on the site. Occasional 'blinking' or 'flashing'. Seems to be less frequent after a couple minutes, and I haven't tested long. Has anyone else experienced 'blinking' when streaming? Any possible fixes? In the end, while streaming on the site is no longer 'unwatchable' it's still not right and if it's not as good as it is with Chromium I'll just keep using Chromium.

Here's yer latest troubleshooting highlight clip. I don't go more than 20 seconds on this without a 'blink'..
https://www.tennistv.com/videos/miami-2 ... highlights

qwetrydavid

Unread post by qwetrydavid » 2017-05-30, 09:12

The more I''ve lately learned about Flash the less I'm willing to accept it, and the site's alternate html5 player is fine. I won't bother pursuing here why with the Flash player video blinks. The mouse cursor not disappearing with the html5 player is a bit annoying, but that's not a PM issue. I've come across video on other sites with the same issue, on both PM and Chromium.

Kadzuro

Unread post by Kadzuro » 2017-08-10, 16:26

You found the solution yet? If so mind relpying to this? Would appriciete that, cos having same problem, i think...

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2017-08-13, 05:17

Does switching hardware acceleration for Flash make any difference?