Minimizing PM closes PM

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tosim

Minimizing PM closes PM

Unread post by tosim » 2017-03-23, 14:19

Running Linux Mint 18.1-MATE,64b, PM 27.1.2,64b. All of a sudden, today, When I click on the minimize PM, in order to see something on my desktop, PM no longer "drops" into taskbar-it just shuts down, and then I have to open a new instance of PM. Naturally, I've then lost the tabs I had. I've gone through the FAQ's, but nothing there. Would sure appreciate some assistance. Thank you.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Re: Minimizing PM closes PM

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2017-03-24, 01:44

Can you start Pale Moon from the terminal to see if any error messages appear when it vanishes?

Also, it's recommended that everyone upgrade to the latest 27.2.0 release--try that first to see if that cures the problem. If not, how did you install the program?

tosim

Unread post by tosim » 2017-03-24, 17:55

Thanks for answering. Terminal displays no errors upon opening PM. I initially installed it via the web using the PM installer. Been using it on all my machines, Linux and Win10, all 64b.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2017-03-24, 19:50

Thanks for answering. Terminal displays no errors upon opening PM.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. Did you launch Pale Moon by issuing a terminal command, which is what I meant? I get the impression that you just opened a terminal and launched it from the menu...

tosim

Unread post by tosim » 2017-03-25, 13:52

Did as you suggested-Launched PM from terminal. Have now installed 27.2.0, 32b . Taskbar back, problem solved. Thank you again.