I can not save a single image from instamgram

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
smolnyn

I can not save a single image from instamgram

Unread post by smolnyn » 2017-03-06, 22:51

I can not save a single image from instamgram. The extension image toolbox does not work on PM 27.1. in Istamgram page. The extension image toolbar (the equivalent in FF, are the same) instead in FF 52 Beta works fine. How I can download a single image? I finded no other functional extensions. I will not even use FF.

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: I can not save a single image from instamgram

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-03-07, 13:29

More detail is required regarding your system, for example PM 64 bit or 32?

Please review: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

smolnyn

Unread post by smolnyn » 2017-03-09, 02:48

Gandalfdjh wrote:More detail is required regarding your system, for example PM 64 bit or 32?

Please review: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49
My System is Devuan 64 bit, PM is 64 bit version.

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-03-09, 11:49

Did you issue start with updating to PM 27.1.2? Did have this issue in prior version of PM?

smolnyn

Unread post by smolnyn » 2017-03-09, 18:17

Gandalfdjh wrote:Did you issue start with updating to PM 27.1.2? Did have this issue in prior version of PM?
The problem start with PM 27.0

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-03-09, 19:47

I believe that a Linux person is better suited to answer this issue. You might try to contact Travis - I believe he is on the forum.

smolnyn

Unread post by smolnyn » 2017-03-09, 20:26

Gandalfdjh wrote:I believe that a Linux person is better suited to answer this issue. You might try to contact Travis - I believe he is on the forum.
No one who uses instamgram with the same problem? :wtf: :?:

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2017-03-10, 02:16

Was PM installed with the Pale Moon installer or via the repository on the opensuse build service? (Devuan equivalent to Debian 8)

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2017-03-10, 15:06

I'm quite sure this is not a browser issue, but a website "feature". You'll encounter the same issue in every browser. Instagram is protecting their images by hiding them behind an invisible <div>. Since it's invisible, you can still see the image, but when you try to right-click it, you're obviously right-clicking the invisible <div> instead, so there won't be any option to save the image.

There are several ways to bypass this protection; I usually just use the dev tools to remove the invisible <div>, but I think the easiest way is this: Right-click somewhere on the webpage and click "View Page Info". In the new window, open the tab "Media". Search the list for the image (there will be a preview when you click on some element in the list) and then press "Save as".

smolnyn

Unread post by smolnyn » 2017-03-12, 03:15

stevepusser wrote:Was PM installed with the Pale Moon installer or via the repository on the opensuse build service? (Devuan equivalent to Debian 8)
I used PM intaller.

smolnyn

Unread post by smolnyn » 2017-03-12, 03:20

smolnyn wrote:
stevepusser wrote:Was PM installed with the Pale Moon installer or via the repository on the opensuse build service? (Devuan equivalent to Debian 8)
I used PM intaller.
With FF 52 with addon " image dowload for instamgram" and IMAGE TOOLBAR ( IMAGE TOOLBOX IN PM ! ) run fine. Image tolbox is a image toolbar fork (?) but not work.