Do Not Track vs AdBlockPlus

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

nevadacrab
Moon lover
Moon lover

Do Not Track vs AdBlockPlus

Unread post by nevadacrab » 2013-01-08, 10:22

A post in this forum got me thinking -
I have both AdBlockPlus and Do Not Track. Do I need both? Does one do something the other doesn't? If not, which is superior?
I have really old laptops and any boost in speed is appreciated.

jaycelou

Re: Do Not Track vs AdBlockPlus

Unread post by jaycelou » 2013-01-08, 10:58

I have both installed as well, the reason was I though that DNT block tracker, AdBlockPlus block Ad. They perform different task.
Please correct me if I was wrong, or any expert out there could explain to us the major benefit of using the two, both or just one of it.
Thanks.
:)

Apollo702

Unread post by Apollo702 » 2013-01-08, 11:01

IMO they both are flawed and a waste of time. I used to run ABP much more than DNT but neither are all that they are cracked up to be. I wont repost it all again but read my other posts for what truly works.

alan9182

Unread post by alan9182 » 2013-01-09, 19:47

Apollo702 wrote:IMO they both are flawed and a waste of time. I used to run ABP much more than DNT but neither are all that they are cracked up to be. I wont repost it all again but read my other posts for what truly works.
You are now at 76 posts.
I am too tired to search for the other 75 posts to find your views :)
I would rather click on a link.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2013-01-10, 05:59

As I commented in an older post, ABP started to "pass" some trackers from Facebook. It was on and I saw in a web page "since you share lots of stories from this website in Facebook, please install our add-on for made that automatically". So well with this ABP lost all my trust for good. ;)

nevadacrab
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by nevadacrab » 2013-01-11, 09:30

lobocursor wrote:As I commented in an older post, ABP started to "pass" some trackers from Facebook. It was on and I saw in a web page "since you share lots of stories from this website in Facebook, please install our add-on for made that automatically". So well with this ABP lost all my trust for good. ;)
AdBlockPlus (by design) allows some ads. it says so at their site. I've actually been using Ad Block Edge which is a variant of ABP that does not do that.
I thought, as does jaycelou that they did different things, but now I'm not sure. Still asking.