How to create a new toolbar and make it show?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
nimanima
Fanatic
Fanatic

How to create a new toolbar and make it show?

Unread post by nimanima » 2016-11-22, 23:18

That is something I have been trying to do and wondering about since I first installed Pale Moon. Under "View Toolbars Customize" there is an option to create a new toolbar. When you click on that a little window opens where you can enter a name for this new toolbar. Enter the name, click on okay and then on save and - nothing happens. The new toolbar nowhere shows up. At least I can nowhere find it. It also does not show up in the dropdown list of checked and unchecked Toolbars in the "View" Menu. Am I blind? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: How to create a new toolbar and make it show?

Unread post by josephd » 2016-11-22, 23:28

Instructions in following thread may prove to be useful.

viewtopic.php?t=11346

nimanima
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by nimanima » 2016-11-22, 23:45

Thank you, that should be really mentioned somewhere. Unfortunately the new toolbar still does not show in the dropdown list, but at least I can see it now.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-02-16, 22:45

Well, I have a follow-up question. Once you've created a custom toolbar and made it "stick", it appears with every new window you open. Is there a way to make the custom toolbar hidden by default?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀