Complete YouTube Saver

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Octopuss

Complete YouTube Saver

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-02-12, 14:33

Does this work for anyone in PM27? (I didn't try it before) It produces zero byte files no matter the settings.

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Complete YouTube Saver

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2017-02-12, 15:10

Yes, the addon does work in PM27 ... And yes, I also have encountered the zero byte file issue several times. I don't know what exactly causes it, but it seems to be depending on the video - in my experience, most videos can be downloaded perfectly fine, but some videos have this zero byte file issue, no matter what quality I try to download.

If you do have a video at hand that exhibits this issue, I guess it might be worth reporting it to the developer. I keep telling myself that I should report it every time I encounter the issue... And then I just forget. :?

Greywool
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Greywool » 2017-02-12, 15:11

PM 27.1.0 x64 on Win7, CYS version 5.7.31.

Tried on this video, Fmt22 and Fmt136 at least downloaded without issues.
But downloading this video, I get 0 byte files, at least on the first couple qualities I tested with, both dash and non-dash.

So yeah... Mileage varies.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-02-12, 15:38

https://www.patreon.com/posts/testing-v5-7-32-8016764

Also, make sure to use the Pale Moon version, not the Firefox one.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-02-12, 16:42

Good, so it's a known problem.
And yes, I do have the PM version.

Is there any way to tell which of the available variants are the default? I don't need already low quality audio to be transcoded and butchered even further :D

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-02-12, 16:49

Octopuss wrote:Is there any way to tell which of the available variants are the default? I don't need already low quality audio to be transcoded and butchered even further :D
I don't think there's a 'default', perhaps you mean "highest quality"? There are options in CYS where you can hide the lower audio quality versions.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2017-02-12, 17:23

Right, but some of the audio streams are the original ones in the video. I believe most of the download options are converted already.

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2017-02-12, 17:50

AAC, M4A, OGG and OPUS are downloaded without any conversion of the audio stream. (That's what it says in the "Details Menu" tab of the CYS options.)

Davesnothere

Unread post by Davesnothere » 2017-02-16, 15:56

Octopuss wrote:Does this work for anyone in PM27? (I didn't try it before) It produces zero byte files no matter the settings.
This is also happening to me with CYS in other Moz-based browsers, and in Pale Moon 25.8.0 as well.

YouTube seems to have changed their site's structure around Feb 1st.

Many review posts for similar extensions at AMO say that this has happened, and CYS is not the only extension to fail because of it.

I am watching this page, as well as the AMO and PM add-ons sites, for more word about the next update.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/testing-v5-7-32-8016764

_Poke_

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2017-02-17, 01:47

I haven't used it much recently, but in the past when I had this issue I could usually work around it by restarting the browser.

Greywool
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Greywool » 2017-02-17, 17:55

Grabbed a test version of 5.7.33 from here: https://cys.mantishub.io/view.php?id=115

Tried with a video that was failing before, it seems to work now!
But, test version, potential problems, blah blah. But it's there if you don't have patience to wait for full release.
It probably won't install directly from the link on the page, just download the .xpi and drag'n'drop it onto your PM

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-02-19, 08:55

New version released (5.7.34) and should work. I noticed in the Add-ons Manager the small dot has turned orange again.

Davesnothere

Unread post by Davesnothere » 2017-02-20, 20:04

back2themoon wrote:New version released (5.7.34) and should work. I noticed in the Add-ons Manager the small dot has turned orange again.
I just noticed that the author has issued 3 updates during the past few days, and my tests today of 5.7.34 do confirm that it works with Pale Moon, versions 25.8.0, 27.1.0, and 27.2.x Unstable, all Portable Editions, and all on a computer running Vista SP2.

Also I tested it with SeaMonkey 2.33.1 on the same PC, and it works there too.

When I say that it works, I mean that the button is present on the toolbar, I can drag the button where I want it when in Customize mode, and that ALL zero-byte files encountered recently in earlier versions and with other extensions DO now download properly as 360p and 720p native streams into MP4 files, and without any conversion necessary by FFMPEG.

I did not test any of the conversions, such as DASH files, 480p, nor 1080p.

But what I did find is very encouraging. :D

= = = = =

BTW, I believe that the wee dot being ORANGE is because the author did not include the Pale Moon GUI string in the install.rdf file with this revision.

I have no idea whether this matters, nor whether he did this deliberately, or whether it was an oversight.

His build page offers a version to download for FF and another for PM, and yet they are identical, and neither has the PM GUI string.

Also, the 5.7.34 on the PM add-ons site is that same build, without the PM GUI string, while an earlier not yet fixed version from there did have the string - 5.7.31, IIRC.

My gut feeling is that the PM GUI string was not the problem - Something ELSE in the code was.

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2017-03-02, 23:29

Davesnothere wrote:
BTW, I believe that the wee dot being ORANGE is because the author did not include the Pale Moon GUI string in the install.rdf file with this revision.
Ah, you know what those colors mean???? I was not even sure how to ask.... :crazy: :P
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
PM 32.4.1(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1 - does ytoobe better than FF!! 8-) :lol: :P
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps
:eh: useragentstring(com) :problem: FF 115.3.1 :angel: :P

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-03-02, 23:45

illiad wrote:
Davesnothere wrote:
Ah, you know what those colors mean???? I was not even sure how to ask.... :crazy: :P
You could have looked at the Frequently Asked Questions on this very forum or done a search like people should but never do..

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14280

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-02, 23:47

They've already fixed the GUID/orange icon issue, just re-install it from the Pale Moon Add-Ons site.

Davesnothere

Unread post by Davesnothere » 2017-03-11, 16:38

back2themoon wrote:They've already fixed the GUID/orange icon issue, just re-install it from the Pale Moon Add-Ons site.
I was not having difficulties with the 5.7.34.0 FireFox/SeaMonkey version, but I installed the 5.7.34.1 (allegedly Pale Moon dedicated version) version anyway (offered as an update, IIRC), and sure enough the dot went to blue, but it made the toolbar button icon for this extension go blank.

I removed it and returned to the FireFox/SeaMonkey version and everything reverted.

I did not test the Pale Moon specific edition further after the button going blank, but the FF/SM one worked fine for me with PM 25.8.0, 27.1.1, and Unstable 27.2.x, as well as with SeaMonkey 2.33.1 (or was it 2.39, or both ?).

When I say it worked fine (as I see that I already said upthread :oops: ), I mean that it noticed on YouTube the 360p and 720p native MP4 files which I wanted, and downloaded them properly, with no more zero-byte files.

There was also no forced conversion to those 2 classes of files, unlike sometimes with the newer version 6.2.0 of Video Download Helper, so downloads were completed quickly.
Last edited by Davesnothere on 2017-03-11, 16:51, edited 5 times in total.

Davesnothere

Unread post by Davesnothere » 2017-03-11, 16:40

Matt A Tobin wrote:You could have looked at the Frequently Asked Questions on this very forum or done a search like people should but never do..

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14280
Guilty as charged, but I actually opened the install.rdf file of several extensions and compared the contents, in order to reach my own conclusion.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-03-11, 19:15

Davesnothere wrote:I was not having difficulties with the 5.7.34.0 FireFox/SeaMonkey version, but I installed the 5.7.34.1 (allegedly Pale Moon dedicated version) version anyway (offered as an update, IIRC), and sure enough the dot went to blue, but it made the toolbar button icon for this extension go blank
Not "allegedly", they genuinely support Pale Moon. Bugs happen. - they are aware they broke the toolbar icon (it appears/disappears randomly) with this update and said they'll fix it in the next version.

Davesnothere

Unread post by Davesnothere » 2017-03-11, 20:34

back2themoon wrote: Not "allegedly", they genuinely support Pale Moon. Bugs happen. - they are aware they broke the toolbar icon (it appears/disappears randomly) with this update and said they'll fix it in the next version.
Thanks - Last time I checked, they had not commented yet about the button.

I had said "allegedly', because I am new to this extension, and when they released version 5.7.34.0, they first offered 2 identical files on the dev's site, one for FF/SM and one for PM, and neither had the PM GUID in it, even though an earlier version had come in 2 flavours.

And the PM site offered that one for a few days, until the authors noticed and replaced it with 5.7.34.1, which is when I began to have the problem with the toolbar button icon.

I am wondering whether there was other code than the GUID which was different, when going from 5.7.34.0 for FF/SM to 5.7.34.1 for Pale Moon.

Curiosity will likely make me open each up and inspect all of the internal files for different sizes and datestamps, on which I will report what I find.

That all said, this author is one of few who have updated their related extensions to address properly the latest coding changes at the YouTube site, which had hit us on approx Feb 1st, and which had caused the most recent round of video download and related extension failures.

Has anyone tried CYS on other video sites than YouTube, and did it work to capture any MP4s ?